Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

piercing question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 09-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Default RE: piercing question.

Ok, well I didnt really get a solid answer yet. Can it like..attach itself to my ear and make it so i cant take it out?

Old 09-11-2008, 03:54 PM

I'll tell you what will happen. If you DONT move it around and spin it, at least once an hour, the blood or ooze (whichever it's doing still) will dry, and crust onto it, and THAT is painful, I have a lot of friends with many peircings, and some have done one method, the others not, and the ones who didnt do anything were the ones with the most pain. not to mention infection can set in if you dont clean it. I dont have any peircings myself but i've helped my friends clean theirs and everything.

Get someone to push the piercing through (fold the ear a little) and clean the bar and the peirce with a q-tip or something real well about once a day/two days, but keep moving it and keep it sterilized.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

soap it up every night with anti bacterial soap and it will move all on its own. If you dont wash it, it will crust up and hurt. You will have some bruising probably, so the first few weeks it will be really tender.

congrats on the new piercing.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:01 PM

^^ THANK YOU. Didnt really think about using the soap as lube. but it worked very well..moved with little to no pain. got a real good cleaning in and its really not even red anymore.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:02 PM

Here it is now.

Hmm..for some reason it wont show up. ill try through photobucket.**lets see if that worked**

Name:  myeargood.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  3.9 KB

Old 09-11-2008, 07:10 PM

I have an industrial myself. have had it for like 4 years. make sure the bar is plenty long to start with. by the pic yours looks fine. DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT use a saline solution to clean it, it is FAR to harsh.

Dial anti- bacterial soap is the way to go. get a wash cloth all nice and lathered up with warn water, and clean your WHOLE ear. slide the barbel around and twist it to get the soap in. then rinse it with warm water to clean it out.

If the pain is still bad, i recommend getting some bactine. it's an antiseptic with a numbing agent, especially before bed when you may lay on it. And finally, the long hair thing may be a problem. you need to keep it REALLY clean, because hair has oils and that can irritate.

also stay away from peroxide

Old 09-11-2008, 07:19 PM

Forgot to answer your question. i have never personally heard that the skin will grow around the ball at the end. it would have to sit there unmoved for a VERY LONG TIME. however, you CAN develop Keloids. they are little growths of the cartilage.

I had one that was developing, but one time going off the 3 meter, my bar bell caught on something and tore a little, it popped the keloid, i cleaned it obsessive after that, and it never came back.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:44 PM

Gonna say the "industrial" piercing is on the gay side.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Banned

Gonna say the "industrial" piercing is on the gay side.
didn't you mean 'all'?

Quick Reply: piercing question.