Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Photoshop help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Photoshop help!!!

HA HA ya. Alright thanks man ya thats chill I appreciate it looks convincing Thanks!!

Old 11-04-2008, 06:38 PM

classic. if i may criticize good sir. the floor on the inside is way too low. =)

Old 11-04-2008, 06:59 PM

ok good excuse haha

Old 11-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Banned

givin you props CBRclassic. I dont see anyone else trying!!!!!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 01:20 AM

why on earth would you want to get rid of the hot emt! I think I'm going to go jump off the roof just incase we live in the same town.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:47 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^I know your comment is just in jest but it reminded me of something:

Having being in the design business for a long period of time, thought I'd offer just a few comments FWIW (which may or may not matter to you T rick):

1) Since the photo will be used for business and not personal use .. careful what image you use. If you grabbed it off the net somewhere it may or may not make a difference but if it belongs to some company that has royalty on it and they find out they can make life hell for you beyond just asking to cease and desist using it. (One of our competitors was sued successfully for $85,000 once for a similar incident.)

2) The subject matter in this case also matters in addition to the photo royalty itself since it is of people and private property (assuming it's not a public hospital ambulance). If those people in the photo ever find out their photos are being used for business purposes without their consent (very unlikely I know but just letting you know) they can technically go back to the time you started using it up to the point they find out and claim monies due for unpaid advertising purposes on the entire period.

There's more but ultimately I know there's very little chance of anything coming as a result of you using the photos but thought I'd let you know in the interest of full disclosure. I've been doing logos and design a long long time so I may take it way more seriously then some. I would err on the side of caution and do things correctly from the beginning since I assume you have all intentions of making your business successful.

At the very least I suggest altering the photo as much as possible and using the back of the dudes head like I did in my original chop. Best is just to take your own photo with approval or have an artist design a line art version of what you want ... saves headaches in the long run, plus photos are rarely used as logos because they are difficult to reproduce on anything other than media and the net (e.g. any promotional items like keychains, shirts, and signage will be much more costly with a photo (assuming you will have a brick and mortar business).

Good luck with your venture.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:21 AM

are you a librarian?

and turn your avatar upside down! or rightside up! or wait...

Quick Reply: Photoshop help!!!