Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Phoenix Riders Killed/Injured - Run over by dump truck at red light

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Phoenix Riders Killed/Injured - Run over by dump truck at red light

Group of 8 riders rear ended at a red light. This happened today. What a horrible & tragic thing. One of the injured riders is a Phoenix Fire Dept Captain.

Here's the story...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36040752/ns/us_news-life/

>
>

Last edited by gotcbr; 03-25-2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: sp
Old 03-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If they find he was on a cellphone, I hope Phoenix is the first city ever to try someone for murder over it.

How the **** do you not see 8 motorcycles, a SUV, a truck and a red light unless something was distracting you or your brakes failed???

Old 03-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

yikes. this is exactly why i pull far to one side and stay ready to move until i see the vehicle behind me come to a stop.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by regener8ed
yikes. this is exactly why i pull far to one side and stay ready to move until i see the vehicle behind me come to a stop.
+1. Im never in the middle and i keep my eyes on my mirrors every few seconds.
If this was a pure accident such as brake failure i hope the guy can live a decent life wihtout to many nightmares. If he was distracted and not paying attention i hope he gets life and can never sleep again.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
+1. Im never in the middle and i keep my eyes on my mirrors every few seconds.
If this was a pure accident such as brake failure i hope the guy can live a decent life wihtout to many nightmares. If he was distracted and not paying attention i hope he gets life and can never sleep again.
Time will tell. Don't want to convict the guy before hearing the details. But I hope they pull his cellphone records during the time of the accident.

8 bikes is still a lot to go thru, even for a dump truck. So he had some speed

Old 03-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Early reports are saying the driver of the truck said he was not paying attention and was rummaging through some papers...

Old 03-26-2010, 05:51 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Time will tell. Don't want to convict the guy before hearing the details. But I hope they pull his cell phone records during the time of the accident.

8 bikes is still a lot to go thru, even for a dump truck. So he had some speed

As a truck driver I know when you are involved in an accident. You go straight away for a drug test. This part is really new, The police get a warrant to get your cell phone records.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunwayOneSix
Early reports are saying the driver of the truck said he was not paying attention and was rummaging through some papers...
Yep, here's another story on it... first lady on the scene said the guy was rummaging through some papers... just wow.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/n...rash-abrk.html

Old 03-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Banned

Damn, that's really sad news. I hope they string the driver up by his cojones.

When I'm stopped at a red light and see a vehicle coming up behind me, I always tap my brakes to flash the rear light and hopefully catch their attention, but I'm always ready to roll hard on the throttle too.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by regener8ed
I learned that when i first started riding years ago, 4 years back a buddy of mine on his brand new r1 and me on my gixxer were sitting in traffic on I-70 going to a local car show cruise in deal, i was far to the left he was dead center, 17 year old girl trying to get a cd off her floor never hit the brakes, i moved in time he wasnt as lucky, tossed him over the back of her car and the bike under a semi, he lived to tell about it with a badly torn up leg and a concussion

Quick Reply: Phoenix Riders Killed/Injured - Run over by dump truck at red light