Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Petition against Pipe Ban

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Petition against Pipe Ban

I hate loud bikes. Straight pipes means HARLEY not my bike.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:46 PM
RCR

Take off the straight pipes cause I aint voting for that. I like a nice sounding pipe but most of this is in response to these harleys sitting at a light and blurping their throttles all the time! It annoyes me also.

https://cbrforum.com/m_341577/tm.htm

Old 12-30-2008, 07:17 PM

In my honest opinion, loud pipes save lives. And I cant sign, as I have no relevant Zip, being from the UK an all!

Old 12-30-2008, 07:20 PM

i told him to proove to me that a car made in 1973 would have an original working exhaust system
And did he?

Old 12-30-2008, 07:22 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: Jezmunkeh

In my honest opinion, loud pipes save lives. And I cant sign, as I have no relevant Zip, being from the UK an all!
MYTH

Old 12-30-2008, 07:40 PM

ORIGINAL: RCR

MYTH

I agree, but I bet it is less of a myth and more truth in a place like the UK, tightly packed, narrow city streets and roving country roads crawling with sheep. lol

Old 12-30-2008, 08:05 PM

Its the same in both areas, with urban or country, folk can here you coming before you get there, and at the very least they are looking at you when you go by. Someone once told me, while I was stopped at a red light in a large city centre, that my pipe was too loud, as he heard me coming from a few streets away! It had the desired effect! As for where I live, its out in the sticks as we say, and whenever I go out before 6am on my bike, its pushed up the driveway and rolled to the end of our street before I even consider pushing the start button. If only others nearby were nearly so considerate.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:10 PM

Signed

Old 12-30-2008, 10:11 PM
RCR

Its the same in both areas, with urban or country, folk can here you coming before you get there, and at the very least they are looking at you when you go by. Someone once told me, while I was stopped at a red light in a large city centre, that my pipe was too loud, as he heard me coming from a few streets away! It had the desired effect! As for where I live, its out in the sticks as we say, and whenever I go out before 6am on my bike, its pushed up the driveway and rolled to the end of our street before I even consider pushing the start button. If only others nearby were nearly so considerate.
A fart is loud in church tooMost people driving down the road will not hear you. They are either listining to their radio, talking, texting and such. With no other noise around at 6 am sure its loud as hell. Most of the time Im caught off gaurd by passing Harleys splitting lanes while twisting their throttles. Makes me wish I had opened my door to pour out some old coffee[:@]

Old 12-31-2008, 02:53 AM

Signed

Quick Reply: Petition against Pipe Ban