Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Petition against Pipe Ban

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:00 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Petition against Pipe Ban

i wont sign it sorry. its annoying as hell when people drive down the road at 2 am at 10,000 rpms with a D&D exhaust. which isnt needed.
I agree and understand where you're coming from. I live next to a semi-busy street and get the straight-pipe Harleys, or the imports with the stupid mufflers, and the rappers with their big bass woofers driving by all the time and it makes me feel like climbing on the roof with my AK and get allGrand Theft Auto on their asses. Lol

But I'm more sick towards the magnitude of stupid laws being passed by everyone who has an opinion and feelsthateverything thatannoys them,ought to be criminalized.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Signed it

Old 12-30-2008, 10:00 AM

Signed but I voted yes.

Wait no I did not. I am such a joker.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:50 AM

i was reading some of the votes and reasons:

"I am against this law!!! My daughter has a motorcycle, and I'm glad to know that with the pipe she has, she will be heard and seen!! If you want to pass a new "sound restriction law" at least apply it to ALL MOTOR VEHICULES!!!! STOP DISCRIMINATING MOTORCYCLES!!!!"

great line and all, but she voted YES....whoops...

Old 12-30-2008, 11:53 AM

i am pretty sure none of us have strait pipes,i don't live in NYC and I would never want to ride a motorcycle there anyways, unless lane splitting was legal and I had a supermoto.

strait pipes are what people have on harleys, and they are stupid loud, oh and plus one to D&Ds being stupid loud as well, especially on older carberated bikes.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can understand the city`s perspective - excessive noise shouldn`t be tolerated, and the current law is unenforceable. You can`t have cops carrying around noise meters, and engaging in hot pursuit of loud bikes. And as a rider, I don`t like the fact that the guys with loud bikes create a bad image for all riders.

But this is an extreme response. There is a huge difference between straight pipes and a relatively low-key aftermarket pipe like my Erion. And why should this apply only to bikes? How many cars have aftermarket mufflers from Midas or Meinekie? The city wouldn`t dare to start confiscating those.

I think this has a good chance of eventually passing, so I`m looking for a stock can for my F3. It will easily pay for itself the first time I don`t get ticketed.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:41 PM

straight pipes is too loosley defined, i mean my akro i had and the arata i have know along with countless other pieps could be considered straight pipe bcuz there are no chambers the flow goes straight through even though those pipes are pretty conservative... but it also talks about modifying exhasut baffleling, that could mean changing out the stock exhaust for aftermarket... i mean in ca there is a law that says you cannot put an aftermarket muffler on your car/truck, unless it was damaged blah blah over x amount of miliage, i got into an arguement with a cop bcuz he told me my datsun was too loud and that there is a law that says i cant have aftermarket exhaust, i told him to proove to me that a car made in 1973 would have an original working exhaust system

Old 12-30-2008, 02:45 PM

to all you NY F4i riders....i have a stock can brand new (used for about 300 miles) off a 2006 if anyone wants to buy it lol.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:55 PM

^^^NOP

It has to be the ORIGINAL (serrial numbers matching) unmolested can that came with the bike, otherwise you technically modified it to a different year... oviously for nefarious hooliganist reasons...
your bike will be inpounded and a lien will be put on your licesnse allowinyou to only purchase a Vectrix electric scooter. (After paying the traffic fine tax, of course...)

"All of your mannhoods are belong to us..."

Signed the petition... this is one for the AMA and SEMA to figure out... not some legislators whose only contact with an internal combustion engine is to tell their drivers where to take them next...

Quick Reply: Petition against Pipe Ban