Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Parking your bike!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parking your bike!

piggys still DO have jurisdiction in private property to give tickets as they see fit. just because you are on a corporations property dont mean youre safe. i got a ticket for parking ON MY OWN FRONT YARD! IM NOT KIDDING! i park as close to the buidling on the sidewalk as possible, never gotten a ticket for that though.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:32 PM

ORIGINAL: DFour

piggys still DO have jurisdiction in private property to give tickets as they see fit. just because you are on a corporations property dont mean youre safe. i got a ticket for parking ON MY OWN FRONT YARD! IM NOT KIDDING! i park as close to the buidling on the sidewalk as possible, never gotten a ticket for that though.
I have to ask how and why?

Old 04-03-2008, 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

I have to ask how and why?
had a small get together at the house, street was lined with cars around the corner and my driveway was full, i had nowhere else to go but the lawn. popped it in park and started sippin coughy. piggy pulls up not even an hour later and walks into my yard and writes up my citation. apparently it is illegal to remain parked in your own front lawn for more than a certain period of time. and no i was not in the 8 ft grace period that is "city property". oh yeah it was a car, not a bike. BUT, my pops is good freinds with city prosecutor, so i got it taken care of and never had to pay.

reminds me of a time when i was intoxicated in public (one foot on my driveway, one in the street) and almost went to jail... friggin stupid laws, im sorry for the piggys who have to enforce them and look like hos.

oh.. and CRF, how much do you weigh? does the 250 handle you well? my 360 2 stroke is facked and i want to get back on some dirt!

Old 04-03-2008, 07:19 PM

piggys still DO have jurisdiction in private property to give tickets as they see fit.
Perhaps in Oklahoma, but not in Texas.That's why you need to know your individual state law. I can do donuts in my front yard and park a semi there.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

apparently it is illegal to remain parked in your own front lawn for more than a certain period of time.
so you didnt get a ticket for being parked on your lawn you got a ticket for a time violation.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't park vehicles in front yards in my neighborhood either. It's a covenant meant to keep the people who would use them as driveways and junkyards from doing just that. I wouldn't get mad at the police, they're just the messengers. But rather blame THOSE people who do use their front yards as a scrap yard, because they are the reasons we have rules and regulations like that.

It just sucks that we get the bad end of the deal, but that's life.

(and please don't refer to them as "piggys".......I have many friends in law enforcement, and they get enough crap as it is.)

Old 04-04-2008, 12:19 AM

sorry ill read up on all my local ordinances... a time violation in my front yard.... ill refer to them as i please and i didnt blame them, as you can see in my post. i blamed the laws and those behind them, legislators if you have to pick someone that i blame, for not writing in a SIMPLE clause stating if it (vehicle, vehicles) is/are not in a decrepit state then it is legal so your piggy friends cant take their bad day out on me because of a technicality. they cant cope with the stress of the job and dole justice fairly, get them off the street. i treat EVERY officer, EVERY single one, with respect. "yes sir, no sir" straight look in the eyes, never bull**** them. 90% of the time they let things slide in my favor, but those other 10%.. well you know what they say about them... hense the irretractable name piggy

Old 04-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

sorry ill read up on all my local ordinances... a time violation in my front yard.... ill refer to them as i please and i didnt blame them, as you can see in my post. i blamed the laws and those behind them, legislators if you have to pick someone that i blame, for not writing in a SIMPLE clause stating if it (vehicle, vehicles) is/are not in a decrepit state then it is legal so your piggy friends cant take their bad day out on me because of a technicality. they cant cope with the stress of the job and dole justice fairly, get them off the street. i treat EVERY officer, EVERY single one, with respect. "yes sir, no sir" straight look in the eyes, never bull**** them. 90% of the time they let things slide in my favor, but those other 10%.. well you know what they say about them... hense the irretractable name piggy
i got a ticket for parking ON MY OWN FRONT YARD! IM NOT KIDDING!
dont be mad at the cops for doing their job. its code enforcements job to give tickets to people who are ignorant or who flat out violate the law . you just so happen to be one of those who are ignorant when it comes to your local laws. nothing to be ashamed

so you only give respect when things are being over looked in your favor ? oh yea thats right your daddy will just get you out of another ticket . look a cop in the eyes and its yes sir but sure do blast them on the internet, real respectful

Old 04-04-2008, 01:03 AM

... i said legislators... i was providing evidence for my previous statement, not bashing. you highlighted right where i said every single officer, thats 100%. the 90% applied to the statement after that. once again, providing evidence for my previous statement about piggys.. well you guys seem to take this pretty seriously, i guess im in the wrong place. later.

Old 04-04-2008, 03:56 AM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

Doh! I mean't "Parking in any spot NOT pecifically designated as vehicle parking is considered illegal"

But I still park in between cars, in the slashed lines, on sidewalks etc. and I've never heard anything of it. I'm sure the right cop on the right day would definitely fine you for it.
Oops. Guess you were right, isolated. I'm a dork.

Quick Reply: Parking your bike!