Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

parking lot pimpin'

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Everyone here bought a bike for some level of flash / showiness.
I've never bought a bike for "flash/showiness". No joke.

If that's what one is worried about, they're doing it wrong.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD
I've never bought a bike for "flash/showiness". No joke.

If that's what one is worried about, they're doing it wrong.
Ah was it for the cruising then? I guess thats why you have a crotch rocket and not a Harley.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Ah was it for the cruising then? I guess thats why you have a crotch rocket and not a Harley.
I'll break it down for you:

M2 - First bike, wanted American V-twin with lots of torque and was nimble enough to take some turns. Was ugly as sin...bright yellow. Made it into a fighter to change seat geometry and make it the way I wanted to to look/handle. Cost played an issue.

Yamaha FJ1200 - Wanted a sport tourer for cheap...got it for $1000 not running and traded it for a 2003 Van to haul a bike to the track with...definitely traded up.

1125R - Firesale Buell...$12k for under $6k brand new out the door right after Buell was shut down. Last of its kind...widely considered ugly as sin. Quickest/scariest bike I've ever been on. Used it for track days and commuting...still my daily driver along with the M2.

GT380 - Bought this one and a parts bike cheap to make into a cafe racer. I wanted a 2-stroke kicker and this is what I found. All modifications are being done to make the bike a better riding motorcycle. I may not even paint it or finish weld anything...not sure yet.

CBR F4 - Bought specifically for the track. Probably going to do a sharpie or marker paint job...not even running side fairings at the moment. Couldn't care less what it looks like...was hoping to get a beat up SV650 cause I'm not a big fan of I4s.

Point is, I didn't buy any of them for flashiness. I'm a motorcycle rider, not a peacock. I don't care what other people think about the bike I ride, because it's MY bike. Think what you want, but not all riders are peacocks like you.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just outside of town here they shut down a city only to motorcycles every Friday the 13th.
This year there was 85,000 bikes in a lakefront city of 6,000.

Name:  100_7227.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  140.8 KB

Old 05-22-2011, 08:48 PM

you guys have some very motorcycle friendly cities... where im from they could care less

Old 05-22-2011, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
Just outside of town here they shut down a city only to motorcycles every Friday the 13th.
This year there was 85,000 bikes in a lakefront city of 6,000.
Damn Jeff thats pretty badass hah.

Originally Posted by TheCult
you guys have some very motorcycle friendly cities... where im from they could care less
Yeah I feel like that too around here sometimes. Its not overly looked down upon just not the big celebration type events a lot. And anytime there is a big group of bikes it draws some 5.0 attention.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pick up guys on the back of my bike n ride em around the beach parking lot. I might start riding em around town since I have a lil more practice... but that was a different bike, more upright seemed much easier. Girls sitting on the back of bikes roll their eyes at me, it's great. hahahaha

Old 05-23-2011, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD
I'll break it down for you:

M2 - First bike, wanted American V-twin with lots of torque and was nimble enough to take some turns. Was ugly as sin...bright yellow. Made it into a fighter to change seat geometry and make it the way I wanted to to look/handle. Cost played an issue.

Yamaha FJ1200 - Wanted a sport tourer for cheap...got it for $1000 not running and traded it for a 2003 Van to haul a bike to the track with...definitely traded up.

1125R - Firesale Buell...$12k for under $6k brand new out the door right after Buell was shut down. Last of its kind...widely considered ugly as sin. Quickest/scariest bike I've ever been on. Used it for track days and commuting...still my daily driver along with the M2.

GT380 - Bought this one and a parts bike cheap to make into a cafe racer. I wanted a 2-stroke kicker and this is what I found. All modifications are being done to make the bike a better riding motorcycle. I may not even paint it or finish weld anything...not sure yet.

CBR F4 - Bought specifically for the track. Probably going to do a sharpie or marker paint job...not even running side fairings at the moment. Couldn't care less what it looks like...was hoping to get a beat up SV650 cause I'm not a big fan of I4s.

Point is, I didn't buy any of them for flashiness. I'm a motorcycle rider, not a peacock. I don't care what other people think about the bike I ride, because it's MY bike. Think what you want, but not all riders are peacocks like you.

cool, you're bike looks like crap, gratz.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are two streets close to where I live where the posers stand on the corner to look cool. The one street has a couple expensive/flashy bars/stores and the owners will park their Bentley, Ferrari, RR, Maserati, Porsche, Merc, Bmw and sometimes Lambos there. You also have the douchebag crowd in the semi high and low priced cars going back and forth honking at girls. I once saw a (probably rented) Porche GT3 going back and forth along that street for a good ten minutes! I felt so embarassed for that douche..

The second street attracts a similar crowd but due to a lack of parking spaces a lot of bikers congregate there. You'll see some nice bikes but most are Gixxers and stretched busas. Some of these posers will rev the **** out of the bikes when girls pass. Do these guys really believe they will get girls this way? I always feel embarassed when people whistle at passing girls whilst sitting in the passenger seat in their friend's Merc. I would feel like a complete tool.

Last edited by UnderAssumedName; 05-23-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
cool, you're bike looks like crap, gratz.
And I'll ride circles around you on any one of them...after all, THAT'S what motorcycling is about...not looking cool for a bunch of douche bags.

Quick Reply: parking lot pimpin'