Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The other side...They are not all Dicks!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Retired Admin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The other side...They are not all Dicks!

Ok so I am gonna tell you about my night last night. I was being a young 30 year old with a rocket for transportation that likes to be opened up at times....

Three of us were going for a bike ride to a few towns over to watch the football game. On the way we stopped for gas,when we left we turned down the next road and of course I lifted the front end for a bit. Minutes later the BLUES were behind us! We pulled over and two cops get out.... the chick points to both my friends and says "Your not in trouble" Then she points at me and says "He pulled the wheelie".

Well they checked all of our paperwork and our bikes, we actually chatted with them and they were decent. I joked with her, she rides an R6, and said "Damn I am getting pulled for a wheelie and wasnt even that good!" She laughed and the tension seemed broken now. She said it's all up to him, the guy cop. So I asked if an apoligy would help? She said "Thats a great start" and we giggled again.... So I said sorry to her and the other guy cop. After about 15 minutes in the car they come back out and say "We are going to give you a warning tonight" I took a Huge Sigh of relief!! I got away with it! So off to the game we went...

On the way home we said "No screwing around!!" so we took off and my buddy lifts it up of course breaking the rules! It was a good one though....so we kept going and stopped at the last light before our turn and when it turned green we took off and of course up I go! It was my turn right? Well I am up and look to the right at the headlights in the parking lot behind the store at the light and see a state trooper! So off I go! Thinking I got to run! The whole time bouncing those thoughts in my head of how stupid that was! All I did was wheelie the bike! So I slowed down and stopped for the cop. He jumped out and told my friends to go!! and go now!!! And comes up to me and rips me a new ***!! "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!" "THIS YEAR HAS BEEN ONE OF TZHE WORST FOR US AND BIKE DEATHS!!!!" ECT ECT, Then he asks me why I had a change of heart? I looked at him and said "I dont feel like dying over a dumb ticket. He went to his car and run my paperwork....my inspection sticker was bad as well.

When he cvame back he said I am giving you a gift tonight, I am not taking you to jail! He said Eluding, criminal speed, driving to endanger, ect ect..... I should have been F*cked! He said tonight I am only giving you an expired inspection ticket. and gift two is if you show up in a couple days with a good sticker, I will tear up the ticket! I was shocked, I got out of it twice in one night!! Someone was trying to tell me something....I hope I listen well! He then asked me if I knew why he was doing this? I said no...he said before he got out he decided he was gonna ask me that question....why the change of heart. if I was honest he would give me a break, if I lied or denied he would book me for everything! Thank god I was straight with him!!

So today I went and got the new sticker....tomorrow I will call him and get the ticket torn up!!

Moral of the story....we are all young dumb and stupid sometimes! Eventually we have to make smart choices! The ones that wont effect tomorrow's happiness for a thrill today! Even the first cop the chick said there is a time and place for this stuff, just make wise choices! I took it to heart! Maybe you all will too? Maybe this story inspired you? but today I am thanking my lucky stars!! And thanking the cool cops I met last night! Seems to me there are those out there that just want you to be honest with them....

PS When all was said and done both cops said thank you for stopping.....

Old 09-09-2006, 01:38 AM
Default RE: The other side...They are not all Dicks!

Thank you for being responsible... ish :P we all fk around in traffic, but some of us dont realize how GOOD it is to PULL OVER when the time comes.... dont do the crime if you cant do the time... its an old saying but rings true.

Glad you didnt get anything serious, you werent lucky, just mature its also pays. Im only 20 and I got that down. I think [>:]

Old 09-09-2006, 02:38 AM

Not in favor of the eluding business but what would have made me fall on the floor laughing is if the second cop was the same two that pulled you over the first time and told you not to do it anymore.

Old 09-10-2006, 12:52 AM

Lets see, my worst ticket was in orlando...in a cage...

Paid 200 for this pos crx that ran
Didn't get inspected
Didn't get tagged (using tags from roommate's wrecked car)
Didn't get insured
Didn't get registered
Basicaly just drove the car

Well after about three months I was heading home and opted not to stop and have a drink. Pull up to light (about a mile from house (mile and half maybe). Saw spotlight turn on and off real quick behind me. So light turns green and I pull over at the side of the road and the car behind me pulls behind me. I do all the "smart" stuff: turn car off, turn insider lights on, key on the dash, and hands outside the window resting on the sill (it was late + dark--around 12ish). So I am sitting there for about 4-5mins (the cop finally had his lights on by now) and the officer walks up to the window and says "so why in the world did you pull over? Is something wrong?" then I said "to save us both time and gas." Then I went on to explain to him, before he asked, that I know he pulled me over for misusing the tags, and also said my car isn't inspected, insured, titled tagged incorrectly, or registered. He smiled and said "he'll be back" then walked to his car. I said for about 10 minutes and another car came up and the offer came up and asked me what's up and why I pulled over. I tolded him the same thing and he walked back to the car. After sitting in the car for another 15 minutes the cop said (over the intercom) to come out of the vehicle and walk towards the back of his trooper, so I did. The 1st cop said that I told him and his partner the exact same thing and told them everything wrong with the situation and that was a good thing. He also said, he got off the phone with his captain who said I was lucky. I should've got yanked and taken to jail on the spot...they let me park the car in the sopping center across the street and walked home w/ two tickets: unregistered vehicle and mis-tagged vehicle. I was soooo happy. I went to court months later and didn't pay anything but a $45 court fee.

Awesome honesty usually wins

I have had 10 tickets, YES 10 and still carry a valid license with no points only because 2 things.
1. I don't bull****
2. I ALWAYS go to court

-thought I share stories-
-havent been ticketed on bike, yet-

Old 09-10-2006, 01:53 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Musichyp -- If I touch your sleeve do ya think some of that good luck will rub off on me? [8D]

Old 09-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Retired Admin

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

Musichyp -- If I touch your sleeve do ya think some of that good luck will rub off on me? [8D]
LOL Give it a shot! I dont know who was watching over me that night but I owe someone a thank you!

Old 09-10-2006, 02:56 PM

Somebody much higher than "karma" was with you that night.
BT

Old 09-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Retired Moderator

I'm glad to see some possitive posts about LEOs. I think too many riders see them as the enemy, but that usually means you were doing something wrong. I appreciate them out there, doing their job (hopefully busting tweekers and crackheads), but in general, keeping the road safe. I think there are more good officers than bad ones. If you are unlucky, you get a jerk, but I believe that is the exception. Anyway, I've got to go wash my nose now...

Old 09-12-2006, 01:39 PM

that's pretty cool man i can't believe u got off. i would have been in jail.