Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Organic vs. Regular i guess..?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Organic vs. Regular i guess..?

it just a marketing scam that dumbasses fall for.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

Not true at allllll, they do not use ANY pesticides or hormones or anything like that, when you buy organic how good the produce is more likely to vary because its not engineered to be the same everytime, but when you get organic produce at a good time there 10x better than non organic. Organic milk tastes soo much fresher and cleaner, no chemically taste.... that being said, i dont buy it cause the price tag is too high but when i go to my parents house or someones house that does buy it its a nice treat. Stuff is so much more healthy for you. For example i have a 65 yr old aunt that has been eating nothing but organic foods for many years and using homeopathic remedies instead of the doctor and perscription drugs and she teaches yoga and runs at least 2 marathons a year, coincidence? I think not.

p.s. i also work in a grocery store

Old 10-27-2008, 10:49 PM

thats the way im kind of leaning, my store is around a decently wealthy area but that **** doesn't even sell, we have to throw so much of it away.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:50 PM

ORIGINAL: ynks4evr

Not true at allllll, they do not use ANY pesticides or hormones or anything like that, when you buy organic how good the produce is more likely to vary because its not engineered to be the same everytime, but when you get organic produce at a good time there 10x better than non organic. Organic milk tastes soo much fresher and cleaner, no chemically taste.... that being said, i dont buy it cause the price tag is too high but when i go to my parents house or someones house that does buy it its a nice treat.

sweet! what haha ?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:50 PM

My dad grew a ton of veges for years and they were the best. The tomatoes would be just as big as the store ones. He grew tomatoes, squash, peppers, and some others. Its just really time consuming.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not true at allllll, they do not use ANY pesticides or hormones or anything like that, when you buy organic how good the produce is more likely to vary because its not engineered to be the same everytime, but when you get organic produce at a good time there 10x better than non organic. Organic milk tastes soo much fresher and cleaner, no chemically taste.... that being said, i dont buy it cause the price tag is too high but when i go to my parents house or someones house that does buy it its a nice treat. Stuff is so much more healthy for you. For example i have a 65 yr old aunt that has been eating nothing but organic foods for many years and using homeopathic remedies instead of the doctor and perscription drugs and she teaches yoga and runs at least 2 marathons a year, coincidence? I think not.

Then it should be way cheaper not the opossite.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:55 PM

Organic is the way to go.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:09 PM

Then it should be way cheaper not the opossite.
That wouldnt make any sense whatsoever, the non organic produce is engineered in a way that it can grow bigger, faster, in different climates, the pesticides allow them to reduce loss due to bugs or disease. Therefore they have to grow much more carefully and in a lower volume.... mass production will always cost less than a smaller production scheme

Old 10-27-2008, 11:12 PM

i'll say it again. before anyone even calls it a bunch of bull****. Try a fresh, organic tomato and then compare...it's friggin night and day.

A bit more care is involved with growing organic produce...that's why it's more expensive. You can't mass produce it the same way.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Aweasel

i'll say it again. before anyone even calls it a bunch of bull****. Try a fresh, organic tomato and then compare...it's friggin night and day.

A bit more care is involved with growing organic produce...that's why it's more expensive. You can't mass produce it the same way.

You're right, i didnt get around to calling it bull**** yet, but i think i called it **** enough. nevermind, got it covered in the first post :-P
whats up with the organic bull**** at the supermarkets

Quick Reply: Organic vs. Regular i guess..?