Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

one lion against 42 midgets.... worth reading

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one lion against 42 midgets.... worth reading

http://www.fmft.net/archives/BBC_NEWS.htm

so basicly this thing makes me want to get a pet lion... just in case a band of midgets try to break into my apartment.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:35 AM
VP
Default RE: one lion against 42 midgets.... worth reading

JEEBUS! It's not often that one of my dreams actually comes true!

Old 06-04-2007, 01:43 AM

omg LOL[sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 06-04-2007, 01:46 AM

yah, if only they let a camera in there.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:50 AM

man this would of been so awesome to see. IF IT WAS TRUE!!!

http://lionvs40midgets.uk-directory.com/

The article you're most likely expecting to read can be found here. If you haven't already guessed, the article is fake. 05-07-05 ::: Updated: (05-17-05 5:05 PM EST) :: Why the article was created: [blockquote] - The debate: [/blockquote] It was created to 'settle' a dispute between a friend of mine in which he claimed that 40 weaponless midgets could defeat 1 lion in a hypothetical fight. Many of my other friends and I tried to convince him that the lion would definitely win, but he would not back down from his argument. After seeing another fake article posing as BBC about 'zombism' in Cambodia, I got the idea to make this fake news article to try and convince him for the final time. (Please 'Join the debate' at the bottom to express your opinion.) [blockquote] - How it spread: [/blockquote] The link to where the article was posted was not intended to spread outside of the initial group of guys in the argument, but as I was alerted it had been posted on collegehumor.com, fark.com, and several other web forums, it has spread far beyond that. I honestly don't know how it spread, since the initial link was only (to my knowledge) posted occasionally on my AIM away message, along with a friend of mine's AIM info last week. The article was originally posted the (very early) morning of Wednesday, May 3rd, and from what I've seen, the earliest post of it was on fark.com on Saturday, May 7th at 12:28 AM. Once again, the article was never intended to spread over the internet as it did. [blockquote] - The outcome: [/blockquote] The argument was in fact settled once he read and believed the article, but to his credit it was posted to appear to be totally legit from the BBC (no bbc.co.fake at the top and no ads). He eventually discovered it was a fake article and admitted he had been fooled.... big time, and has since retaken the side of the midgets. :: Why this page was created: As soon as I was alerted the article had spread to the public, I created this 'disclaimer' page explaining the article's invalidity. This was not only to hopefully protect myself from the BBC or Cambodian Midget Fighting League (if one exists), but to also protect the reputability of the BBC and Cambodia itself, since the article isn't exactly politically correct and may offend some readers. I apologize to anyone or any groups that may have been offended by the article, and hope that they will understand it was all in good fun. :: Join the 'debate': [font="verdana"][size="2"]If you took th

Old 06-04-2007, 01:55 AM

****, way to burst my bubble. i dont want a pet lion any more, i want a galopagos tortise. and ill make it fight..... something funny.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:57 AM

doh ! Here i am picturing these midgets bum rushing a lion... oh well was still funny.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:03 AM

you can still have your dreams come true in the form of a t-shirt! sorry guys just thought this wasnt true so i did some searching.

I find it somewhat amusing that the story has now become popular enough to be considered an 'urban legend' by about.com. I've pondered and some of the emails and my friends have suggested that I make an attempt to sell 'Cambodian Midget Fighting League' T-shirts to make money off of this popularity, but right now I feel it would be wrong to exploit this article in that way, since it was never supposed to become this popular (Update 5-25-05: As you can see on the left side of the page, I have decided to sell shirts). It has also been brought to my attention through emails and various websites that the term 'midget' is considered derogatory by some, and that the term 'little people' is preferred. However, since the original argument my friends and I were involved in was 'who would win a fight between 1 lion and 40 midgets?', not 'who would win a fight between 1 lion and 40 little people?', I'm not going to change all the references to 'midget' on this site to 'little people', but I am sorry to those who may be offended.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:06 AM

ha, same here fuze... man what a sight to see that would be... gives me the giggles just thinking about it.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:50 AM

....that's pretty messed up....