Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The one cop i hate

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The one cop i hate

ORIGINAL: socale30

I got busted in my car on Saturday.... cop said he stopped me for: speeding, exhibition of speed, illegal turns, turning without a signal, and noise violations. only problem was I was going straight doing 40 in a 50, and when I did turn, I signaled, since I saw the cop behind me (and I picked up the habit of using the blinkers AND my hand from the bike. ...i notice from time to time i'll signal with my hand if my window is open...). He asked for my DL and my proof of insurance, then asked me to pop the hood. He finds nothing but an after market fuel pressure regulator. He then proceedes to run my plates. 30 minutes later, he returns with a ticket for no front plate, tinted tails, non-amber front turn signals (these I know are my fault...), and an illegal fuel pump. Never wrote me up for anything he said I did...and...the kicker is...cop didn't know whats what under the hood. I got cited for an illegal fuel pump...but my fuel pump is stock, and located under the car. Sadly, he patrols my neighborhood. I can't stand these young idiot cops who are out to save the world...one useless ticket at a time.

(cliff's notes version of my post: urandaman, I feel your pain bro.)
ha thats pathetic! i hope one day a cop says i have an illegal fuel pump... dumbass its in my gas tank ha

Old 09-20-2007, 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: urandaman

ha ya he profiles, and he has multiple complaintsagainst himand other cops who our group is cool with even says he is an ******* and has it out for bikers.

i use hand signals if its slow traffic in the day time and i just want to change a lane since im sure ppl cant see my blinker.
but still its BS that he said i have to do Both! i know one day he is going to harass the wrong person and get "taught a lesson" in some shape or form...
Your profile shows you in Texas - you DO NOT have to use both electric and hand signals. Refer the court to the Transportation Code:

§ 545.106. SIGNALS BY HAND AND ARM OR BY SIGNAL LAMP.
(a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), an operator required to give a stop or turn signal shall do so by:
(1) using the hand and arm;or
(2) lighting signal lamps approved by the department.

(Subsection b requires use of electric on a wide cab vehicle).

The kicker is that you have to signal for at least 100 feet for a turn or lane change. That's how they get you if your weaving in and out of traffic - "Fail to signal lane change for 100'."

Old 09-20-2007, 12:41 AM
Friend and Hero ...

I recently saw a news story of a 21-year-old who had mounted a camera behind the driver's seat, so it could see the dashboard and out the windshield of his car because he received an unfair ticket at the age of 18 and had no way to fight it. Now He was recently stopped by a enraged officer for a minor traffic offense but the officer was screaming at him. Young boy, do you want me to make something up to take you to jail on. Do you young boy, the officer is now being investigated . I think cameras in cars are a great thing. Hell, I think cameras on bikes would be a better thing

Old 09-20-2007, 12:50 AM

the hundred foot thing could be a 'loop hole' b/c how am i supposed to measure 100ft with my eyes, id have to guess. and what if a car cut infront of me.. and i had to change lanes.. would i have to signal for 100ft before i could get out of the way.. its pathetic.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:24 AM
Banned

Tickets are one thing, we all get them. But it does sound like some fairly lousy Police work occured. Good luck trying to complain at the Police station. The last time I did that, i was threatened with various things (I forget now, it was a long time ago) if the complaint was considered untrue. Mind you, when I complained I was dressed well (I was an Engineer at Cape Canaveral) and wearing a Rolex. Cops do suck, someday I will be on a jury and get a chance to F**K one up.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: socale30
and an illegal fuel pump.
Illegal fuel pump? What's with that? I've never heard of laws about fuel pumps.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:53 AM

Old 09-20-2007, 11:00 AM

Old 09-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to visit the court house and get a subpoenathe officer's tickets for the past 6 months to show that he was profiling you. If you can give proof that he issues tickets only to sportbikes, this might help provide a way of getting it thrown out and maybe hindering his cases against sportbike riders (since more than likely the same judge will be viewing this guys cases). Plus giving this information to the chief might cause the chief to have a word with him.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:40 PM

ha oh believe me he has been talked to by his supervisor multiple times. but im sure i can get out of both tickets. and about the subpoena... how to i go about getting that? could i get it from another officer who is higher up on the totempole?