Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

OMFG jury duty.... y me

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMFG jury duty.... y me

omg i got home today at 5 in the morning and got the mail. there is a card that says i have to go to jury duty. i was like OMFG WTF BBQ!SHOCK! i never thoight this would even happen. i am only 20 omg omg i am freaking out. i have only been to court once and it was with my sister to watch.

please tell me everything i have to do. i mean everything cuz i dont know $hit.

reporting date: feb.2 2007
for reporting instuructions call after 5pm the thursday before the reporting date shown.

feb first is the thursday before the repoting date so i have to call that day after 5 pm???

if u have done this plz tell me wut to do. i like in cali. thanks a ton.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Default RE: OMFG jury duty.... y me

Dude, do not worry, PIECE OF CAKE !!! if you want to get out of it just fill out the back of the notice where it states "Requesting an excuse" or "If not qualified to serve" your better off with the 1st one, just fill it out and tell them you don't get paid for jury duty and its a financiel hardship or tell em you were convicted of a felony( just kidding ) or just wait untill the night before and call the # on the form listen carefully for your badge # it's more than likly will be excused, when you call the # the night before 9.9 times out of 10 they don't call you up, just in case I'ed fill out the excusel and send it in.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:24 AM

I've got it for 7 Feb........I love jury duty, it's closer to home and I don't have to get up as early but, I do get paid for it.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Retired Moderator

James, buddy, chill out. There are no body cavity searches in jury duty, no polygraph tests, no handling of poisonous snakes, no need to supply your own tools, or anything. Jury duty is about as intimidating as using a toaster. The only bitch is that employers typically don't pay you for the day, and you only make about ten bucks a day or something rediculous like that.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:25 PM

yeah no biggie man, just enjoy sitting in a big *** courtroom ALL DAY if you can't get out of it. booorrriinnnnggggg

Old 01-11-2007, 03:10 PM

i just never went, threw out my form as soon as i got it

Old 01-11-2007, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

James, buddy, chill out. There are no body cavity searches in jury duty, no polygraph tests, no handling of poisonous snakes, no need to supply your own tools, or anything.
Whats the fun in that then!?? I got it when I was 19 years old but I was out of state so I never went.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:01 PM

You guys do realize that if they catch you not showing up for jury duty you will be arrested.....

MDFF

Old 01-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, you guys are crazy. you have to do 3 things as americans, pay taxes, follow the law, and jury duty. im surprised they didnt care. i got it when i was 18, but i was in high school so i was excused. although i didnt send it in until 2 days after the date....oops. they never said anything either. i think they pay $7 a day here. something ridiculous to say they paid you.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:29 PM

If it comes down to it and you really don't want to do it you can tell them that your a rascist when you go in for your pre-duty. A family member of mine did that a few years back and got out of it that way.

Quick Reply: OMFG jury duty.... y me