Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ok am I completely wrong??

Old 11-18-2006, 06:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok am I completely wrong??

ok I just found out today one of the guys we ride with was killed in a down the 16th. but I first off was not surprised due to his lack of experience, running @ full throttle most of the time, not wearing gear and drinking and riding. we have been trying to slap some sense into him for months but he refused to listen. so when I was talking with out group I told them that not that I'm happy he died but I am glad it happened sooner than later. and that I am glad he didn't have the chance to take anyone with him. and that he didn't have a passenger. I know when it is this close some people might not understand that when I said this I was only saying what most were thinking and said to me one on one.

how I heard it happen was he was going at speeds exceeding 100 MPH and lost control on a narrow road while passing a cager. he hit a mailbox held up by a 4x4 beam and then hit a chain link fence topped by barbed wire. well from there it gets sketchy. but I went down to the scene and he ripped metal fence posts out from the ground cement and all. and fencing was folded back for about 20 feet. going down tomorrow to take pics of the scene with someone who lives on the road who saw the outcome so they can help show how it looked

Old 11-18-2006, 06:51 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: ok am I completely wrong??

its not like you wished for him to crash , you just voiced how you felt afterwards. kind alike saying damn i knew that would happen. now if you knew that something bad would happen and you did nothing to try and prevent it then that could be bad of you but thats not the case here. its sad to hear another rider went down but if he was playin fast and loose it wa sa matter of time before it happened and even though he didnt kill anyone else his actions have affected more people then he will ever know. may he RIP and my condolences to his family

Old 11-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's sad when you hear of someone you know passing away, for whatever reason. I think that we humans try to rationlise death in order to cope & comprehend it. And distance ourselves from it, without realising that we are doing so. Thinking that your mate may have brought this on himself is just your subconscious saying "Note to self, don't ride like a freakin maniac". Maybe your friend was your yard stick on how not to ride. Grief on the other hand, is a whole different thing, and there is nothing rational about it.
My best advice to you, is to honor your friend, remember his devil may care attitude with fondness, it was maybe this part of his charector that made like him in the 1st place.
He died doing what he loved and there aren't to many of us that are going to get that chance.
Sorry for your loss

Old 11-18-2006, 09:21 AM

ORIGINAL: havoc_on_2_wheels

its not like you wished for him to crash , you just voiced how you felt afterwards. kind alike saying damn i knew that would happen. now if you knew that something bad would happen and you did nothing to try and prevent it then that could be bad of you but thats not the case here. its sad to hear another rider went down but if he was playin fast and loose it wa sa matter of time before it happened and even though he didnt kill anyone else his actions have affected more people then he will ever know. may he RIP and my condolences to his family
+1
rip

Old 11-18-2006, 09:43 AM
Banned

Some people you can't help.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:53 AM

Well went down the following day to take the picks.... creepy but the fence was already repaired.. like it never even happened....

Old 11-20-2006, 03:59 AM

he made a mistake, some people arent meant to be on bikes, maybe it was gods way of saying that...

Old 11-20-2006, 06:32 AM

I'd be surprised he lasted months with his riding habits... It was just a matter of time of something like this happens to people who don't listen. It's a terrible thing to hear of this, but you can understand why it happened.

How old was he, how long had he been riding, what bike was it, and was he trying to pass the car in double yellow lines?

Old 11-20-2006, 04:04 PM

If you dont have anything nice to say... dont say it. I dont think you accomplish anything by voicing this opinion. Only negatives come from it, you should like a jerk to people who dont understand and it may get back to the family who is grieving and they dont want to hear what you think.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:20 AM

I don't think you're completely wrong. however i think the only people you should be voicing your opinion to are people who have potential to learn from this guys mistake. I know you probably didn't rush up and give the deceased's Eulogy informing everyone of his stupidity or anything. But the comfort of freedom of speech, depending on the speech will not always keep you comfortable. I dont think you're wrong to think or say what you did. Some people might see you as trampling on a man's grave but people have learnt from deceased people's mistakes before so why is this different. Maybe because everyone knows inexperience and speed kills. I dont know. I'm sure talking about this with people you know and that the deceased knows will raise alot of tempers and would probably be best left unsaid.

One thing I dont understand is why you were glad it was sooner rather than later though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ok am I completely wrong??