Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ohhh man... Looks like I`m in for a cold ride! (ATTN Chicago people)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ohhh man... Looks like I`m in for a cold ride! (ATTN Chicago people)

Looks like I'll be heading up to the Chicago area next week to spend turkey day with my mom I was talking to her the other night on the phone and she really wants me to come up there since she doesn't get to see me that much (she even offered to pay for my gas and everything since I'm unemployed ATM), sooo it looks like that's where I'm headed. Gonna be chilly though.... 900 miles (one way) of superslab fun in 20-50 degree temps. Oh well I've got some good cold weather gear, so I'm not too worried.

Here's the weather forecast for where I'm headed
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...ink_undeclared

Anyways, I'll probably be leaving here (Atlanta area) early tuesday morning, then probably stay at my dads house in central IL tues night, then head up to Chicago on wednesday. I'll probably hang out through the weekend... not really in a hugehurry to get back since I have no job, lol. So if anybody in the area wants to meet up, shoot me a PM with some contact info and maybe we can at least do lunch or something

Old 11-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ohhh man... Looks like I'm in for a cold ride! (ATTN Chicago people, pls read!)

Be shafe.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Default RE: Ohhh man... Looks like I'm in for a cold ride! (ATTN Chicago people, pls read!)

**** that ride.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:35 PM

witha icicle

Old 11-22-2008, 11:42 PM

your lows are the same as mine and I live in NC. I've been riding in sub 40 weather for over a week and I ride mostly either early in the morning or late at night when its usually below 30. At least our days our warmer though and I'm from the north, alot the other southerns are complaining about standing in it and I'm happy to be out riding in it lol

Old 11-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Ironmang

Yea the temps don't bother me... I'm used to it, as I ride year round here near Atlanta where I live. But I usually don't ride it in for 900 miles at a time... this will actually be a first for me going that far in those temps. Our highs here have only been in the 40's and low 50's lately, and lows in the mid 20's. I still ride in it, but usually it's just locally or up in the mountains

Old 11-22-2008, 11:51 PM

I found a quarter size wet spot under my bike so I havent ridden her in a few days. Tomorrow I'll tear into her and get to ridding again. I've been putting miles on my new engine and planing on going on a 2 and half hour trip so I want to make sure she's broken in. Got a little over 900miles.

Third what gloves you wearing?

Old 11-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Ironmang
Default RE: Ohhh man... Looks like I`m in for a cold ride! (ATTN Chicago people, pls read!)

Well I've got the ones I usually wear during winter here, which are Olympia Wind-Tex. They're pretty nice... leather and insulated, so they're pretty warm, but not too thick or big and bulky, so you can still function with them on. But if I do get cold, I'm bringing the big boys along too, they're not riding gloves, but they're the big thick insulated waterproof gloves. You don't feel ANYTHING through them!! Plus I have heated grips too which makes an amazing difference!

Old 11-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Ohhh man... Looks like I`m in for a cold ride! (ATTN Chicago people, pls read!)

Sorry Jared, i just gotta say there is no way i would ride that trip. But for your sake i will keep fingers crossed for no snow at least.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:46 AM

what's wrong with the thirdgenlxi? No cage? Seems a bit x-treme man... be safe...

Quick Reply: Ohhh man... Looks like I`m in for a cold ride! (ATTN Chicago people)