Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Official parking spaces in your city?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official parking spaces in your city?

Are there any dedicated parking spaces in your city?Maybe atstores, public areas, parks, shops, ect? If so post a pic and the city where u live, because where I live there aren't any what so ever, and the only place I've seen within at least 200 miles is a community college that has specific spaces clearly labeled and thats it!! Im part of the local Istitute of Architects and if I can get some samples of what other cities are doing I might be able to start a movement or something. All pics and comments are much appriciated guys, thanks!!!

Old 10-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Official parking spaces in your city?

Here in Newcastle (city wise) we have very a forward thinking council, they have actually created dedicated bike/scooter parking. All in one spot & there are 6 spaces !!!!!!!
Metered parking is done by way of an issued ticket system, you pay your money & get a piece of paper with the time your allowed (up to 2 hours, wow) Your supposed to put this & display on your dash, but bikes apparently fall through this loophole & don't/can't display (I paid officer, but it either blew away or someone took it)

Old 10-27-2008, 05:03 PM

you mean for bikes? i rarely see that, its normally businesses here that put them in for their employees. when we build our new building i am going to request one, one of my bosses and one crew guy both ride, plus the guy across the hall has a scooter.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:04 PM

Here in Southern California there are designated "Motorcyle Parking" spots at most places. I will try to get some pics for you, but am at work right now. Most of the time they are in front of the establishments, marked with a sign or painted on the concrete.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:14 PM

Theres like 1 place in town and thats at the Logans Roadhouse and only b/c the owner/manager rides. we have 2 spots.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:18 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Two places that have dedicated bike parking that I can think of off the top of my head is Mitchell Intl Airport in Milwaukee, and University of Wisconsin Parkside in Kenosha.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:22 PM

kind of Ironic, just saw today in Cincinnati there are some spots that bikes can park at for free.

http://www.wcpo.com/content/news/loc...7-3034921c3dac

Old 10-27-2008, 06:23 PM

Cyclegear has some dedicated parking.. and a couple of harley shops down here.. but the harley shops have friggin gravel parking lots [:'(]

Old 10-27-2008, 08:05 PM

all the bike shops(just on the sidewalk), the whole college, the bmvs. thats all i have seen with dedicated bike spots. Im in columbus ohio. Sorry i cant get pics.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:14 PM

There is an official motorcycle parking area on South Street at Wall Street, under the FDR Drive, which is an elevated highway. There is room for at least forty bikes there, and it is used by a lot of people like mewho commute to work in lower Manhattan.

Name:  F4iandRRfenders002-1.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  32.5 KB

(edited to get rid of apostrophes and make the picture smaller)

Quick Reply: Official parking spaces in your city?