Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Howard Stern Show Thread

If you listen to music alot during the day, then you need satellite and you'll never go back to listening to terrestrial radio again. Forget Howard, but the hundreds of other channels including all day commercial free music and talk radio as well including sports... it really is a great thing.

And I think it's less than that, cause if you buy a year at a time you only pay for 10 or 11 months, I think I pay about $120 a year when it's all said and done, it's like $10 a month. But I can listen to it most the day because I'm usually in my office where I have a cpu... it's worth the 0.35 a day it costs me and I have it in my car too...

Old 01-08-2009, 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: jfunkRR

If you listen to music alot during the day, then you need satellite and you'll never go back to listening to terrestrial radio again. Forget Howard, but the hundreds of other channels including all day commercial free music and talk radio as well including sports... it really is a great thing.

And I think it's less than that, cause if you buy a year at a time you only pay for 10 or 11 months, I think I pay about $120 a year when it's all said and done, it's like $10 a month. But I can listen to it most the day because I'm usually in my office where I have a cpu... it's worth the 0.35 a day it costs me and I have it in my car too...
I have to disagree. I had it free for a year when I bought my truck. Except for the commercial free part its just as bad if not worse than regular radio. Most songs now a days I hate. And they play them 4-5 times a day. On both Sat and Reg radio. I just stick with my pod. Or one Reg radio station.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:11 PM

Since XM and Sirus merged and they combined channels, they don't reapeat the songs as much every day. Octane and The Squizz combined and now the channel is awesome cause they play new and old hard rock and metal. I think satellite radio def makes my life better, but to each his own. I'm sure some people like it, and some don't.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: jfunkRR

Since XM and Sirus merged and they combined channels, they don't reapeat the songs as much every day. Octane and The Squizz combined and now the channel is awesome cause they play new and old hard rock and metal. I think satellite radio def makes my life better, but to each his own. I'm sure some people like it, and some don't.
I didnt know they merged. I had sirus for the year. With both of them together its probably is better.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:44 PM

I love Sirius for the fact I can listen to Howard and Metal. There is NOOOO metal stations on the radio. Liquid Metal FTW.

Todays show had me rolling. Almost went off the road like 5 times, **** was HILARIOUS. "Yea he'd like a baked ziti, hold the ziti..."

Old 01-08-2009, 03:02 PM

Entertaining but I can feel my IQ drop when I'm listening/watching him.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:24 PM

Howard Stern, funny but sometimes annoying...[&:]

Old 01-08-2009, 05:45 PM

The only real problem I have with him is he thinks he is the man of all men. It's annoying.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:56 PM

the few times I listened to him (and maybe it was a fluke) all they talked about was sex, and people getting naked in the studio. I can't listen to that every day. Same thing with Bob and Tom, all their show is based on is beer and sex. Local rock station, beer, sex, and drug references. I need a radio show that is both entertaining and doesn't talk about sex all day.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:54 PM

^^ Bob and Tom suck 87 % of the time...

Quick Reply: Official Howard Stern Show Thread