Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is this normal? Nasty road rash picture inside. Beware

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is this normal? Nasty road rash picture inside. Beware

Its been almost a week since i went to the er and they cleaned it up. They gave me peroxide and gauze and i hve cleaned it myself every day twice a day. When i have to wear pants i put some gauze with neosporin on it and wrap it. It looks like this after and it has me worried. It doesnt smell and after about an hour it drys back to the scab. There is no ooze coming out and its not tender around the wound. Any help is appreciated.

Ps: i would go straight to the doctor but they cant see me right now. Gotta love that military medical.
Edit: the red area in the middle came off with the gauze. It hurt like hell and felt like attached skin so im assuming its actual skin growth.

Last edited by CBRfenatic93; 04-06-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup! Had it on my shoulders and everytime I would take my uniform and undershirt off my scab would come with it. Takes a lot of time! My twin had his hands wrapped for over a month!

Old 04-06-2011, 08:09 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

yea man it looks normal to me while ive never had road rash from my motorcycle ive skinned myself plenty of times other ways

during the healing process mine look just like that... no worries

just fyi after you clean it try to let it air out before putting clothing over it or itll peel right off

Old 04-06-2011, 08:14 AM

And next time tuck and tumble, I never try to slide! You might end up bruised but that feels better than road rash in the shower and cold air hitting it while its trying to scab

Old 04-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Yup! Had it on my shoulders and everytime I would take my uniform and undershirt off my scab would come with it. Takes a lot of time! My twin had his hands wrapped for over a month!
Haha yeah i hate my damn abu pants. The little bit of rash on my arm is already gone cause my top keeps yanking the scabs like you said. Its a nice wakeup though on a mid. Haha

Well its good to know its normal looking. I started to read some bicycle threads on road rash and i was gettin worried id have to scrub all that off.

Last edited by CBRfenatic93; 04-06-2011 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Stupid urinal icon showed up on accident. Dang iphone
Old 04-06-2011, 09:02 AM

Yup thats the way skin grows back...now quit pickin the scab.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah - bicycle road/skateboard rash looks just like that when it's moist. I've had it plenty of times. You're treating it right, just let er' heal.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:01 PM

I'd say keep it open to the air as much as you can stand it, and don't pick at it. when I was younger, I had places that looked like that more often than not.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:42 PM

I feel like a pizza now

Old 04-06-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Xander F4i
I'd say keep it open to the air as much as you can stand it, and don't pick at it. when I was younger, I had places that looked like that more often than not.

Yep, the above is true.

That scab looks like that because it's humid and the gauze covering it doesn't allow for drying. That's completly normal and you should remove the gauze every chance you got.
It will cure faster and it won't look as nasty as that.

Quick Reply: Is this normal? Nasty road rash picture inside. Beware