Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

No visible inspection sticker required

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 03:23 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No visible inspection sticker required

ORIGINAL: mdfirefighter

Inspection sticker?? forgive my ignorance....
It's just a sticker that shows the year and month that your vehicle was last inspected. Some states only require a single inspection for the life of a vehicle... maybe that's why you never knew about it.

In Missouri, they place your sticker on the front of your forks, just below the upper triple clamp - you don't see it unless you're looking for it.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: mdfirefighter

Inspection sticker?? forgive my ignorance....
brake tag man!

Old 03-13-2007, 10:13 AM

South Dakota has absolutely no inspections required at all... there is no requirements for exhaust either. Not thats a good thing because ever tom dick and harry has glass packs on their pickups or just straight pipes and can make it quite loud at night when you are trying to get some sleep.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:25 AM

In South Texas where I live the inspection sticker must be visible. When I had my CBR900 inspected when I first moved here the guy that did the inspection didn't know where to put the sticker so he put it on the fork tube next to the MO inspection sticker. Two weeks later one of the McAllen city motorcycle cops pulled me over because my sticker was not visible. He did not give me a ticket because I had the sticker but told me to get a new sticker in a visible location as soon as possible. I made a small stainless steel plate and mounted it below the existing plate.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1690/A6DA3E935A49477BA409712EC7ECACF9.jpg[/IMG]

From the Texas DPS website:

20.04 Certificate Mounting Procedures for Motorcycles, Motor-Driven Cycles, and Mopeds

1. On the Vehicle (Optional). Punch the month of issuance and year of expiration. Remove the certificate’s back paper and attach the certificate face up on the vehicle’s rear fender or any other visible location on the rear near its license plate.

Place the certificate in place and apply firmly. OR

2. Backing Plate (Optional - to be furnished by cycle owner). Punch the month of issuance and year of expiration. Remove the certificate’s back paper and attach the certificate face up on the backing plate which is mounted on the cycle near the license plate for this purpose. Place the certificate in place and apply firmly.

3. Other Provisions - Motorcycles, Motor-Driven Cycles, and Mopeds. Reject the vehicle if no fender or optional location is available for applying the inspection certificate.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:10 PM

I've heard this both ways..from the Tx DMV that you must have a tag visible...and from a cop that was in uniform...in a cycle shop who told me I didn't as I was buying a little fender eliminator kit and two tiny amber turn signals that fit with it.

Either way, I can understand having to have a plate...but a sticker for basically what amounts to emissions control I don't undertand.

You have to get within 10 feet to see if the sticker is up to date anyway.

Unless a bike is blowing clouds of smoke as it goes along...don't see the point.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine is on an inspection plate attached to my license plate. ****, when i tried to get my inspection right when i bought it, the guy had hacked the fender up and they would not pass it because of the license light being removed. i velcroed a battery operated fluorescent tube under the tail light to the shop, and it fell off on the way home...lol.

i have been wondering how everyone passes inspections with fender eliminators? or do they just take it somewhere they dont care?

Old 03-13-2007, 05:06 PM

Got to love no inspection states (NM and IN).

Old 03-13-2007, 08:55 PM

what all do they look at. I have hidden turn signals cant see them at all until they are on, a 6 inch straight pipe muffler, and my plate is moved in front of the rear tire. would that pass?

Old 03-14-2007, 01:15 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: F4Isvt

what all do they look at. I have hidden turn signals cant see them at all until they are on, a 6 inch straight pipe muffler, and my plate is moved in front of the rear tire. would that pass?
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 03-14-2007, 01:43 AM

Never even heard or seen one of these before... yall got some odd stuff down there.

Quick Reply: No visible inspection sticker required