Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Night Vision Riding

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007 | 05:29 PM
Default RE: Night Vision Riding

The harness is very compact, tight against my skull. My helmet fits right over it. The padding gives into the straps. The googles lie where the visor, pretty close against my eye sockets. Only minor downfall is an open lid. Windy.

For me getting onto my bike is an omen for death. If I die, let it be for the greater good of preserving so many more lives if anyone else gathers this idea. They will read up on me and learn a lesson, hopefully. I am very aware of every factor in this situation, except for the goggles I needed some feedback.

Old 06-01-2007 | 05:33 PM

ORIGINAL: txmorgan

ORIGINAL: straytorque
I'm not a dangerous person.
Riding with night vision and all lights off to evade cops? Look dude I hate cops as much as the next hater, but this is so stupid it makes my head hurt. See your *** on the news plastered into an embankement...
I dont hate cops.

I'm sorry for your headache. Loosen those chin straps man.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Old 06-01-2007 | 09:28 PM

dude dont u have somthing good in ur life that u care about b4 doing somthing like that .. may be a kid or a wife or ur family .. im sure u have sombody .. cuz u gonna do it at air field that doesnt mean that u only puttin urself in danger .. no u puttin every one who loves u out there in a terrible situation ... just think about it b4 u do any thing stupid ...ride safe and have fun

Old 06-01-2007 | 10:27 PM

Heat will also be your enemy if evasion is yourgoal.
Any plans onthermal infrared countermeasures for you, the bike and exhaust?
You could possiblyuncover the most ultimate law enforcement evasion tactics ever.

Keep us posted.

Old 06-02-2007 | 12:32 AM

Admininstrators, I fear I may I placed the wrong idea in a few minds. I am not a criminal. Nor do I plan to be. I apologize for spreading this idea, for in the wrong hands it lies only in disaster. Please if this post remains, do not try this, anyone.

Not everyone on two wheels is aware.

The freedom for the ride, and the billowing speed which follows. To be a beacon of mach cascading through darkness as darkness. Thats all I need.

But that is me.

Old 06-02-2007 | 12:45 AM
Retired Moderator

I can appreciate how you have not gotten defensive while reading negative feedback. Understand, though, that a post that implies evading the police with night vision goggles could get an individual flamed. I really don't think you are "pigeon-holed" as long as you keep posting...and as long as the posts don't include unsafe practices.

Old 06-02-2007 | 01:02 AM

As said before, if its as a HUD it might be a cool idea, hell, if you can eliminate one of the eye pices and just have one night vision and one free eye it might work. Be carefull with depth perception thow. 5.o evasion now THATS A BAD IDEA. but as stated by you that is not the idea that you wanted to test out.
as for the kigts, DUDE they unplug sooo easy, just unplug your low beam and ride qith the high, to turn it off, just switch to low beam. running lights you just have to take them out. and finally tape over your brake light. if you want to bee seen from behind just switch your turn signals. (you sont have to take those out they arent running lights)

Now that we are thinking crazy *** ideas that arent typicaly assosiated with bikes here are a few.
Proximity sensors (parking aids) that activate your brake light so you automatically brake check the ******* tailgating you. (without actually touching your brakes)

now heres an idea:
Post your crazy ideas thread??

Old 06-02-2007 | 01:17 AM

I have gotten the cutoff installed. On and off like a charm in ride. Thankyou for the feedback Oreo.

Voodoochyl.. I come in peace.

Test date to be posted.

Old 06-02-2007 | 02:02 AM

i heard about that too donohu40 !!!

Old 06-02-2007 | 03:26 AM

woo hoo!!!!!! night vision. man thats bitchin, good luck in your quest for the greater good. i positiively thank that it will work.but it will take some time to get the hang of it,pratice makes perfict .for example you just cant hop on a bike and ride like jason briton. just be careful.

Quick Reply: Night Vision Riding