Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Night Vision Riding

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 02:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Night Vision Riding

Sometimes I like to put on my predator helmet and turn on the infra red vision.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:51 AM

What would you be doing that you would have the need to evade someone????

Cars have blinker fluid!!?? Oh ****. Ibetter go check that then!

Old 05-31-2007, 04:13 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF
It was a Porsche or a bimmer or something european, the lights would run too hot and so they were liquid cooled, thus, a car with blinker fluid

Old 05-31-2007, 04:17 AM

ORIGINAL: therabbit

It was a Porsche or a bimmer or something european, the lights would run too hot and so they were liquid cooled, thus, a car with blinker fluid
Wouldnt that be head light fluid then? What about the cars with the head lights that move while going through corners? Do they need fluid?

Old 05-31-2007, 04:21 AM

ORIGINAL: therabbit

Wouldnt that be head light fluid then? What about the cars with the head lights that move while going through corners? Do they need fluid?
From what I've heard blinker fluid is almost identical to head light fluid, so you can use them interchangably The turning headlights areprobably little electric motors, not hydraulic, you could probably oil them though, find some special headlight oil somewhere....

Old 05-31-2007, 04:42 AM

HAHA! Thats good. Wouldnt want to put the wrong fluid in.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:15 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could see wiring up night vision goggles and "possibly" using them as a HUD in COMBINATION to the headlights, but riding with JUST night vision goggles to "evade" someone?............well...........that just sounds like something arkansashog would do. (internal joke).

Old 05-31-2007, 09:39 PM

The concept sounds interesting (and in theory very cool) but as already mentioned, you'll loose all sense of depth perception while wearing them. (bad juju if You're riding, strike one) You'll also loose all of your peripheral (strike 2) vision so spatial disorientation is a very real posibility (strike 3) and the green hue from the goggles makes it hard to distinguish the road in certain situations, from the shoulder (one more strike) also, the gogles become useless if an oncoming vehicle shines it's lights on you, withthe possibility of them getting permanently damaged from the exessive brightness.

Too many risks IMO

Old 05-31-2007, 11:21 PM

In addition to the above, if you catch up to a car their tail lights will blind you. Red is the WORST color light for NVG's. I hear where your comming from man, it's one of those things that just must be done. You know it's a bad Idea, but it must be proven a bad Idea. I've been there, as most of the people on this board I'm sure have. just be carefull and do it way out back. Let us know how it goes though, ok?

Old 05-31-2007, 11:34 PM

Thankyou. This is information that I need. Constructive critisizm. I tested them out in my car last night. Same procedure, lights off @ 80mph. My friends say it was awesome watching me just disappear off the road. But, I strongly see what everyone means with loss of depth persception and spacial disorientation. My main wonder is the harness, actually having is stay on at 60+ sounds iffy. Might have to engineer a makeshift headmount.
Like I said before, it isnt my safety for which I'm concerned, obviously.. its the safety of my friends and pedestrians. This will be performed on an empty airstrip where I have access. No cars.
When I first mentioned 'evade' what I was thinking was a 5.0 scenario. It gives me the greatest laughter when
I think about the cops face when his radar goes off and he sees nothing there. Come on.. now thats funny. There will be feedback, along with a video clip I will have. I am trying to atleast have a taillight option in the wiring so the video will atleast capture me passing. Otherwise it would be all sound and darkness.

Still working on the wiring though.

Will be back.

Quick Reply: Night Vision Riding