Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

New wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New wheels!

Today I FINALLY got myself the new car I`ve been wanting and planning for almost a year!

A 2008 Volvo V50 D5. 224tkm on the clock, 180hp, xenons, original navi, electric seats, multifunc. steering wheel, webasto with a remote etc etc...

For some reason this one doesn`t have the D5 emblem, but just count the exhausts and you`ll get the picture -me disappearing into the horizon ;D

Summer rubbers on pretty sweet alloys. Gotta get another set for the studs too, I HATE the tin wheels... Ain`t a big fan of the color either but all the other things flagged this the best choice available hands down.

Old 03-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Well done Mattson,

But does this mean we have a conundrum - A motorcycle rider who drives a Volvo?? You'll have to look out for yourself on the road

Cheers, SB

Old 03-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Well, I HAVE been driving a `99 S80 for the past 7 years (and so does Sprock )

Don`t worry, I`m a rare breed: A Volvo-driver with a turning head!

Old 03-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattson
Well, I HAVE been driving a `99 S80 for the past 7 years (and so does Sprock )

Don`t worry, I`m a rare breed: A Volvo-driver with a turning head!

Ahhhhhhhhhh! That actually explains a lot

Cheers, SB

Old 03-10-2013, 06:18 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, and I have a S70 as well.

Old 03-10-2013, 02:07 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car. I used to work at a rental lot where we had alot of new volvos. All the C30's, S40's, S70's, S80's and XC70's had this problem where the cig lighter fuse would always blow on them for no real reason. People would bitch up and down that their gps wouldn't charge. I even had people come back from the volvo dealership with the problem that they couldn't diagnose...
Originally Posted by Mattson
count the exhausts and you`ll get the picture -me disappearing into the horizon ;D
Oh this is a group of sportbike enthusiasts, I don't think you will be doing much disappearing, except in our mirrors

But I had one of those T5 S80's for about a week - that was a gutsy car. Accidentally raced a cop in it. Oops.

He was tailing me really close at about 1am leaving downtown (unmarked dodge charger). It was only 1 lane where we were so I just assumed he couldn't pull beside. Turned onto a 4 lane artery and let it go. He kept the pace right behind me for a while. It wasn't until I turned into my underground parkade that the red & blue started. Gave him my license but I had no registration. Funny thing is earlier that week I gave this same officer a really good deal on a moving van, I think he remembered me. I blew a breathalyzer (I wasn't drinking) and he sent me on my way.

/thread hijack

Old 03-11-2013, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by CorruptFile

Oh this is a group of sportbike enthusiasts, I don't think you will be doing much disappearing, except in our mirrors
Hehee, surely it's no match to any sport bike but when need be it does leave the scene with considerable haste It "only" has about 180hp but with these diesel prices and specially the astronomical taxes 2,4l is the biggest engine any mortal can even consider... After all it is a daily driver to get to work and back (80km/way) so a good mpg is a must.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:19 AM

That big beast only has 180 hp? Being diesel it must be torquey though, good looking ride.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:20 AM

Edit. (On phone can't edit right) looked closer its the wagon, sorry the alloys you got for it look nice though

Old 03-11-2013, 02:37 AM

Yup, it's torquey alright, as all turbo Volvos. Also ordered a set of Barzetta GTR:s for the winter tires, they should come some day this week.

Quick Reply: New wheels!