Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

new website!

Old 12-10-2006, 03:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new website!

I'm working on making a web-site, it will eventually become an online store but thats gonna take a couple months to get together
I honestly finished registering and all that fun stuff a few minutes ago and am in desperate need of sleep so I just threw up a couple pics
Woody-Racing.com

I helped my dad start his two businesses (Industrial Supply and a Hot Shot delivery service) which are both going strong but now its time to start my own
the plan is to have it operational by February, mostly small stuff but I plan on at least having stands, gear, helmets, exhausts, tires, DVD's, a few mags and books, and misc performance/race parts by the "grand opening"
and of course if I do manage to get it all together, I'd love to sponsor the site

Old 12-10-2006, 03:55 AM
Default RE: new website!

Thats pretty sweet man. Wish I could do the same thing. Im gonna be selling alot on Ebay, maybe we could work something out and I could advertise and sell some through you, with a profit of course. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Congrats on the site!!

Old 12-10-2006, 06:34 PM

shoot me a pm sometime and we'll talk about it

I updated the site a good bit today, added sections and all kinda stuff, so check it out and let me know how it works
It seems to be running slow on my end, but I'm on dialup so thats part of it
can some of ya'll check it out and let me know if it really is going slow

I may need to make some of the images a little more low res, also I'm just using microsoft publisher at the moment so the coding probably isn't great

Old 12-10-2006, 06:45 PM

Nice, its not to bad on my end.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you may want to change the font or color of the main text as its hard to read the red on the black background.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:05 PM

Hate to disappoint you, but i have to be honest. It looks like ****. Not professional looking, at this point, at all. I honestly would feel like i'm buying from someone's basement.

But, if you have helped your dad set up profitable online stores, then i assume you have the web development skills to make it look better when you open it for real.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:07 PM

yeah I realize its got a LONG way to go before I actually start running the business from the site
the two business we run don't have websites and I have no experience making web sites so this is all new to me
I have another version that looks a LOT better that should be finished by the end of the week, I'm probably going to take whats on there down until then

The color scheme turned out to be a disaster, as did the entire navigation and all of the text

One way or another it will look more professional before the store goes online, if I get in a tight spot I'll pay a web designer to make the site but until then I'm trying to learn how to make one that looks and functions well
the next version should be a lot better

Old 12-12-2006, 01:41 AM

great idea, keep it goin

Old 12-12-2006, 02:27 AM

Woody,

If you would like some help with the site I have a lot of web development experience. Just tryin to help out, let me know.

MDFF

Old 12-12-2006, 02:34 AM

here ya go bro, check it for inspiration!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/splat/sets/981332/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new website!