Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

new show "Setup" on SPEED?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new show "Setup" on SPEED?

anybody watch this show? its just like the Forza Motorsports Showdown they did but all of the drivers are in the same cars (Pontiac Solstice somethin) and they're doing it over in Cali (Willow tracks)
I thought it was pretty interesting, they showed 3 or 4 episodes last night
I laughed my *** off when the kid that turned down a sponsor got kicked off the show. seriously, could you pick a worse time to be picky about getting a sponsor? shoot watching him talk to the sponsors was hilarious, Bridgestone asked him if he knew where they were in motorsports, kid was like "yeah totally, I know ya'll are good with gokart tires and stuff" or somethin, worst BSer I've ever heard

I was surprised when the chick got kicked off, just that they didn't bring up her intentionally running off the track attempting to get a caution so they would be bunched up again, isn't that cheating???

anyway, it was pretty interesting, the racing was alright lot of people bumping that don't seem to be that comfortable making contact

Old 05-12-2007, 09:26 PM
VP
Default RE: new show "Setup" on SPEED?

yeah I watched that show the other night... it's really aggravating to see all the adverts though. I'm really impatient with tv shows that just blatantly throw ads all over the place... I especially hate it when the script includes "thanks to our sponsor goodyear we'll be running 10 laps a piece" or "good thing those cars are running penzoil max or else they'd be spewing coolant!"

Old 05-12-2007, 10:03 PM

yeah, I set the TIVO up to record a few episodes, it looks like it may be interesting. that kid and his dad were morons.

Sketchersshoes wasinterviewing him for sponsorship, and he's like "yeah I wear VAN's all the time" and then turned down someone throwing money at
him becuase they werent "good enough" to give him money. what an idiot.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

yeah I watched that show the other night... it's really aggravating to see all the adverts though. I'm really impatient with tv shows that just blatantly throw ads all over the place... I especially hate it when the script includes "thanks to our sponsor goodyear we'll be running 10 laps a piece" or "good thing those cars are running penzoil max or else they'd be spewing coolant!"
Thats part of racing (and TV) man, any other show on Speed Channel will be the same, especially real racing, and since a big part of that show is sponsors and representing sponsors, its only logical that the show itself would do the same

btw I'd like to take this time to thank Vortex Racing, RK Chains, Chicken Hawk Racing, LeoVince Exhausts, Pro-Tek, Michelin tires, and Southern Gasket & Supply

Old 05-12-2007, 10:25 PM

hehe

Old 05-12-2007, 10:30 PM

but yeah on the sponsor thing, nothing says I deserve your money like "Yeah since we're on national TV and everything, I'd really like you to give me money. By the way, I really like your competitors product a lot and don't really know anything about your stuff..."

now thats using your brain... dumbass

Old 05-12-2007, 10:48 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

btw I'd like to take this time to thank Vortex Racing, RK Chains, Chicken Hawk Racing, LeoVince Exhausts, Pro-Tek, Michelin tires, and Southern Gasket & Supply
SELL OUT!! hahaha j/k...
[sm=bustedsign.gif]