Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The New Ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The New Ride

Man you don't waste no time on the mods-Way to be man.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:42 PM

I dont get why its cool and/or funny to not show us pics of the bike. Maybe I havent been around here long enough?

Old 01-29-2008, 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: RichB

I dont get why its cool and/or funny to not show us pics of the bike. Maybe I havent been around here long enough?
I think hes just waiting till all the goodies he just bought are put on <<shrug>>

i bet it looks something like this though:
Name:  bluefox0801.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  62.9 KB

Old 01-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ The bike is currently in the works to look EXACTLY like the photoshop I did that is posted above. (reason I'm waiting on the red lowers and black front upper fairings) Not to mention the rest of the $2000 worth of parts getting thrown onto it.

Trust me, it'll be worth the wait. It looks great now, but it's going to look orgasmic (like, you will mess in your pants) when you see it completed. (seriously)

Old 01-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Retired Moderator

Because.......

A. I'm a jackass.
B. I'm a jackass.
C. I'm a jackass.

But mainly because I'm waiting on all the parts to come in before I take the bike out for a photoshoot. (not to mention it still has the HUGE stock turn-signals on it, so I'm a little ashamed until the Rizoma's come in.)

Old 01-29-2008, 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Because.......

A. I'm a jackass.
B. I'm a jackass.
C. I'm a jackass.

But mainly because I'm waiting on all the parts to come in before I take the bike out for a photoshoot. (not to mention it still has the HUGE stock turn-signals on it, so I'm a little ashamed until the Rizoma's come in.)
D. All the above

Thats my answer!!!

Dude.... you cant tease us like this. AHHHHH, WE NEED PICS!!!!!!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 07:45 PM

You're not a jackass...not all of the time, anyway...

OH! THE SHAME!!!

C'mon, put this stock photo to shame and post up some zingers while she's still a virgin...

I love the stock livery, it's still exciting and new to most of us, how about it

Old 01-29-2008, 08:49 PM

That is a very sexy silhouette of a new bike you have. Are you done with mods yet? Let me know in one of the HID posts how you are liking/disliking the new slim balasts.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Retired Moderator

Well, tonight while I was about to install $500 worth of Rizoma products I just got in. Upon taking apart the bike, I found that some of the bolts didn't seem right. For instance, the bolts that hold the seat down on 07 600RR's are usually HEX head bolts that you can remove with the allen wrench they give you when you buy it. Nope, on mine, you need a socket wrench to take the seat off. No biggie, but then I started noticing other things.........

2 of the bolts that hold on the right side fairings were mismatched completely. I again used Hamster's bike as a reference, and they were completely wrong (one of them didn't even come out, just kept spinning.)

Then I noticed that on the right side fairing, the turn signal was only held on with a plastic washer and a nut, versus all the other signals had the proper hardware.

Then one of the bolts that holds on the black plastic pieces next to the headlight was mismatched to the one on the other side (it was about half the size).

AND THEN I noticed the triple tree is squeaking and there's a bubble in my paint.

So needless to say, I am FURIOUS right now. Just got done spending $10,000 with mods to a bike, and I'm finding little s**t like this that's making me think that the bike was the last one put together on a Friday, right before a long weekend with the factory running out of parts. The last thing I want is the bike ending up as a lemon.

So tomorrow, I'm calling up the dealer and asking WTF is going on. This is the very LAST thing I wanted to deal with after getting done with a month of HELL with the insurance. Now I have to deal with this. F**K! [:@]

Old 01-29-2008, 11:58 PM

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

Congrats on the new ride.... '06 tailight FTW

herees the b4 and after on My frind beths bike (left blinker on)

Does the bike have hemroids?

Quick Reply: The New Ride