CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   The New Ride (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/new-ride-58722/)

Blue Fox 01-28-2008 11:14 PM

The New Ride

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 77015

:D:D:D

2007 600RR. Just picked her up on Saturday, already have a couple hundred miles on her, and have about $2000 worth of parts on the way which include.....

- Red Lowers
- Black Upper
- Micro-ballast HID headlamps (installed earlier tonight)
- Rizoma Fender Eliminator
- Rizoma Zero Signals
- Rizoma Grips
- Lightning Performance Frame Sliders
- OEM Seat Cowl
- Custom Front Vinyl Graphics
- Custom Tail Vinyl Graphics
- Black Power coated parts
- HJC AC-12 MC-1 Helmet
- Shift Streetfigher Hybrid Jacket
- Joe Rocket Honda Superbike Gloves
- Dunlop Qualifier's

Already pinstriped the wheels and applied the vinyl decals to the tires. Side fairings have been swapped out from silver to black. Micro-ballast HID's have also been installed..............

...........And you all have to wait until it's completed to see it. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

SpiritRR 01-28-2008 11:15 PM

RE: The New Ride

I can't see!

Oh, I see how it is...

Blue Fox 01-28-2008 11:19 PM

^^ You see well. :D

Red600RR 01-28-2008 11:19 PM

Got another pic by chance <oops I guess not> You and I are going to have very similiar bikes....great minds think alike! Congrats on the newride Blue [sm=smiley20.gif]

HAVOC 01-28-2008 11:20 PM

lol i was thinking the same thing.... that foxy was losing his touch ... but that is just evil [:@]

PlayfulGod 01-28-2008 11:20 PM

punk........

lol j/k

not doing your own fender elim this time?

rangerscott 01-28-2008 11:23 PM

Just highlight it. You can see it.:D

TK954RR 01-28-2008 11:23 PM

Thats seksy. Yea i cheated and used photoshop :Dbut no i wont post and ruin it for ya Fox ;)

Blue Fox 01-28-2008 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Red600RR

Got another pic by chance
Sure do............

Attachment 77014

Onarom 01-28-2008 11:50 PM

MODERATORS- undue censorship on the CBR Forum! Are you going to allow that???

HAVOC 01-29-2008 12:39 AM

yep :D... for now [sm=badbadbad.gif]

camaro_forums 01-29-2008 12:48 AM

ahh, why'd you have to go and do that?? i never saw the thread for the wreck you had, is there one with pictures? did you have full coverage? 07 CBR600RR....best there is :)

Blue Fox 01-29-2008 01:01 AM

^^ Yep. Pictures-a-plenty. Here's the thread that tells all about the wreck........

https://cbrforum.com/m_450128/mpage_.../tm.htm#450128

YellownBlack 01-29-2008 01:05 AM

Oh the agony!!! Its not fair I tell ya!!!!!! NOT FAIR!! [:@]

crashkhanman 01-29-2008 01:22 AM

haha Fox you crack me up with your photo work. Next time don't wait so long to mod it ok?? ;)

CBRCRF 01-29-2008 09:42 AM

He just put Honda stickers on it. The reason he doesnt want us to see it is because.... Its a Katana! HAHA!

fuze 01-29-2008 10:23 AM

Damn you should get in on the mileage 'contest'. Can't wait to see the bike when your parts arrive. The photoshop mock up you made a while back looked sick.

NY Erion929 01-29-2008 10:36 AM

Congrats on the new ride.... '06 tailight FTW

herees the b4 and after on My frind beths bike (left blinker on)
http://a766.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...a7861c28dd.gif

sixhundredrr 01-29-2008 11:21 AM

C'mon! I want pics!!!!!

Booty Freak 01-29-2008 12:05 PM

Fox is afraid that we all will laugh at his chicken strips.
Plus he prefers the morning after pictures. :(

Bumble Bee 01-29-2008 12:13 PM

Man you don't waste no time on the mods-Way to be man.

RichB 01-29-2008 01:42 PM

I dont get why its cool and/or funny to not show us pics of the bike. Maybe I havent been around here long enough?

NY Erion929 01-29-2008 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: RichB

I dont get why its cool and/or funny to not show us pics of the bike. Maybe I havent been around here long enough?
I think hes just waiting till all the goodies he just bought are put on <<shrug>>

i bet it looks something like this though:
Attachment 76971

Blue Fox 01-29-2008 07:21 PM

^^ The bike is currently in the works to look EXACTLY like the photoshop I did that is posted above. (reason I'm waiting on the red lowers and black front upper fairings) Not to mention the rest of the $2000 worth of parts getting thrown onto it.

Trust me, it'll be worth the wait. It looks great now, but it's going to look orgasmic (like, you will mess in your pants) when you see it completed. ;) (seriously)

Blue Fox 01-29-2008 07:24 PM

Because.......

A. I'm a jackass.
B. I'm a jackass.
C. I'm a jackass.

:D

But mainly because I'm waiting on all the parts to come in before I take the bike out for a photoshoot. (not to mention it still has the HUGE stock turn-signals on it, so I'm a little ashamed until the Rizoma's come in.)

Martin_D 01-29-2008 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Because.......

A. I'm a jackass.
B. I'm a jackass.
C. I'm a jackass.

:D

But mainly because I'm waiting on all the parts to come in before I take the bike out for a photoshoot. (not to mention it still has the HUGE stock turn-signals on it, so I'm a little ashamed until the Rizoma's come in.)
D. All the above

Thats my answer!!!

Dude.... you cant tease us like this. AHHHHH, WE NEED PICS!!!!!!!!

SpiritRR 01-29-2008 07:45 PM

You're not a jackass...not all of the time, anyway...

OH! THE SHAME!!!
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...re/07600RR.jpg

C'mon, put this stock photo to shame and post up some zingers while she's still a virgin...

I love the stock livery, it's still exciting and new to most of us, how about it

Tacoma25 01-29-2008 08:49 PM

That is a very sexy silhouette of a new bike you have. Are you done with mods yet? Let me know in one of the HID posts how you are liking/disliking the new slim balasts.

Blue Fox 01-29-2008 11:49 PM

Well, tonight while I was about to install $500 worth of Rizoma products I just got in. Upon taking apart the bike, I found that some of the bolts didn't seem right. For instance, the bolts that hold the seat down on 07 600RR's are usually HEX head bolts that you can remove with the allen wrench they give you when you buy it. Nope, on mine, you need a socket wrench to take the seat off. No biggie, but then I started noticing other things.........

2 of the bolts that hold on the right side fairings were mismatched completely. I again used Hamster's bike as a reference, and they were completely wrong (one of them didn't even come out, just kept spinning.)

Then I noticed that on the right side fairing, the turn signal was only held on with a plastic washer and a nut, versus all the other signals had the proper hardware.

Then one of the bolts that holds on the black plastic pieces next to the headlight was mismatched to the one on the other side (it was about half the size).

AND THEN I noticed the triple tree is squeaking and there's a bubble in my paint.

So needless to say, I am FURIOUS right now. Just got done spending $10,000 with mods to a bike, and I'm finding little s**t like this that's making me think that the bike was the last one put together on a Friday, right before a long weekend with the factory running out of parts. The last thing I want is the bike ending up as a lemon.

So tomorrow, I'm calling up the dealer and asking WTF is going on. This is the very LAST thing I wanted to deal with after getting done with a month of HELL with the insurance. Now I have to deal with this. F**K! [:@]

rangerscott 01-29-2008 11:58 PM

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

Congrats on the new ride.... '06 tailight FTW

herees the b4 and after on My frind beths bike (left blinker on)
http://a766.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...a7861c28dd.gif

Does the bike have hemroids?

crashkhanman 01-30-2008 12:12 AM

Fox, I'm sorry to hear that!! .. Go in there with your guns drawn. Threathen to report them to the BBB if they don't want to play nice.

I hope it wasn't dropped by the stealership when they were assembling it.

Keep us posted!

NY Erion929 01-30-2008 12:24 AM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Fox, I'm sorry to hear that!! .. Go in there with your guns drawn. Threathen to report them to the BBB if they don't want to play nice.

I hope it wasn't dropped by the stealership when they were assembling it.

Keep us posted!
A threat to complain to the DMV will get you a lot farther. When the DMV has to respond to these compaints they usually tear apart every document ever submitted by that dealer. This will give the dealer a MUCH larger headache then a complaint to the BBB...

I used to work for a grimey dealer and when he(owner/service manager) heard "DMV complaint" he would bend over backwards to avoid it

Blue Fox 01-30-2008 12:59 AM

The dealership I bought it from has always been very good to me. So I'm hoping that they'll help me out without me having to make a fuss over it. I just hope that they don't need to keep it to "look it over" because it's my primary vehicle, and I use it everyday. (not to mention, the dealer is 70 miles away.)

I'm wondering how easily they would change out bikes (they have another red/black 07 left.). I know they'll probably just end up replacing the bolts, but honestly, what else that I can't see has been "half assed" assembled? I'll talk to them tomorrow though and see what happens. I didn't even bother putting my Rizoma stuff on, lost all motivation when I discovered all this.