Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

New Fiesta ... WOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: New Fiesta ... WOW!!

ORIGINAL: Juliet

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

Its still a ford...[:'(]

What exactly do you guys think is wrong with Fords?? ... truly I am interested ..here in the UK Fords are great cars, well made and reliable ...The Ford Focus is a stunning thing to drive ...is this all just car snobbery?? (which I never understood) ... so beyond being rich and being able to afford what you want ... I mean I wouldnt say no to a Ferrari if I had the money but for everyday folk like me the Fords do just fine and keep us mobile on the cheap :-)

Jules
He meant to say its not a Chevy lol.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's still a ford...[:'(]
Now here's the problem... Every manufacturer has its ups and downs. I work on cars and trucks every day, and truthfully, all domestic manufacturers put more effort into their trucks than they do for their cars. I would take a Ford car over a GM carany day of the week. Almost every tow call I have everhelped withwas for a GM. The fact is GM fuel pumps fail all the time and they leave people stranded. I don'tcare what people prefer because it's a free country.I am just stating the truth.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Every Ford I ever owned was easy and totally reliable ... my current Ford has never missed a beat in 7 years and its now 14 years old ... my brother laughs at me, he is quite solvent and drives a Nissan 350Z thingy, keeps saying I need something stylish blah blah blah ...erm, kinda no I dont!! .. he has about £27,000 tied up in his something "stylish" ... what irks him is my old tuned up Ford can just about hold him on a straight ... with what he has tied up in his car I could buy a new RR and settle my mortgage ..lol

Jules

Old 09-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Tacoma25

It's still a ford...[:'(]
Now here's the problem... Every manufacturer has its ups and downs. I work on cars and trucks every day, and truthfully, all domestic manufacturers put more effort into their trucks than they do for their cars. I would take a Ford car over a GM carany day of the week. Almost every tow call I have everhelped withwas for a GM. The fact is GM fuel pumps fail all the time and they leave people stranded. I don'tcare what people prefer because it's a free country.I am just stating the truth.
I use to turn wrenches for a living. I see good n bad of all makes. In reality no one is better than another. Its all preference and what you can afford.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

I use to turn wrenches for a living. I see good n bad of all makes. In reality no one is better than another. Its all preference and what you can afford.

The most sensible and true statement I have seen all day!! :-)

Jules

Old 09-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Banned

As American cars go...Ford is my favorite. They are just as unreliable as GM cars, but easier to fix. Somehow all my GM cars seemed nice but fell apart, whereas my Fords seemed like junk, but kept rolling.

That Fiesta looks like a mini Mazda cx-7, very nice.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:15 PM

I can agree with that. Get what you want Jules.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my Ford Focus...it beats the snot out of the civic I had in terms of being fun to drive. It's stable at 70 to 90 mph, quite peppy for a 4 cylinder and for 60K miles I put on over the past 2.5 years, it's reliable too. Sure it's ugly as sin, but I really don't drive it for looks. It's a utility for me. Point A to point B and being a manual, it's fun to drive and one of the better stock radios I've ever had.

The fiesta looks pretty damn sharp, considering my focus. I'm pretty damn impressed.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:34 PM

Nope, sorry, don't like it. New cars all look like some misshapen egg that was shat out the back of a giant retarded bird. No soul, generic styling, it's like every engineer is given the same sedatives and turned loose on their sketch pad. But that's just me. Me, I drive a jeep when it is pissing down rain or actually snowing (I hate it, but it's got 4wd which is needed where I live, and the price was too cheap to resist...'97 model with 40k on the clock...so really, how much driving do I actually do?), and I rebuild antiques to make my soul happy. Old cars have class and personality, plus they are grateful for the attention...it sounds crazy, but I've owned a couple that truly responded to the love I gave them. Shades of Stephen King's "Christine"...

Old 09-27-2008, 07:43 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

ORIGINAL: Juliet

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

Its still a ford...[:'(]

What exactly do you guys think is wrong with Fords?? ... truly I am interested ..here in the UK Fords are great cars, well made and reliable ...The Ford Focus is a stunning thing to drive ...is this all just car snobbery?? (which I never understood) ... so beyond being rich and being able to afford what you want ... I mean I wouldnt say no to a Ferrari if I had the money but for everyday folk like me the Fords do just fine and keep us mobile on the cheap :-)

Jules
He meant to say its not a Chevy lol.
Exactly!

Quick Reply: New Fiesta ... WOW!!