Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

New Ducati Hypermotard.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Ducati Hypermotard.

I definatly like the stock ducati hypermotard better. The tail on that custom is ugly

Old 05-11-2008, 11:55 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I think it looks awesome. One of the only naked's I'd ride.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:51 AM
Banned

Don't know what it is but I don't think there is a bike I've ever seen with exposed tubular framing that I've ever liked.

Bimota = [:'(]

The Hypermotard is a completely trick stuntbike/streetfighter, IMO. A real supermoto sits on a dirtbike chassis. Maybe it's a taste thing but I doubt it... I think it's a street bike that can play in the dirt instead of the other way around.

I'm sure it's fun and sounds good but it just doesn't have the heart of a supermoto, IMO. And no, I don't think my XR is any more a supermoto than the Ducati. Well okay just a little bit more, lol. At least mine is a dirtbike at it's heart

Old 05-12-2008, 05:19 AM

I was thinking, who would spend all sorts of money on a Ducati, then take it in the dirt?!?!?!

Old 05-12-2008, 05:23 AM
Banned

Looks good, but still dumb. MV Agusta Brutale is a better choice.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:59 AM

I'm sure if they put thatthing to work in a vid, you'd look at it in a whole diffrent way.

https://cbrforum.com/m_518802/tm.htm

Not that one, but you get the idea...

Old 05-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Banned

Yeah I've read quite a few reviews about it, MC did a cover story on it last year. I'm sure it's a blast to ride, don't get me wrong... I just don't see it as a true supermoto - I dunno. To be honest, KTM and Suzuki are the only companies that offer, as far as I'm concerned, a factory supermoto with proper roots.

For the record though, yeah - I'd romp that bitch by all means. But at the end of the day if I'm going supermoto I want to be able to truely hit the dirt and the Ducati falls short of that.

Every review I've read said it's squirlley in the dirt and unpredictable on tough terrain because it's not a true dirtbike suspension. You can see quote a few videos on YouTube of them, and pay close attention to when any rider sits on the bike - there is pretty much no visable sag... just likeour streetbikes. Could you really imagine hitting trails with that? You couldn't do it in the Missouri bluffs I know for fact, knobbies or not. And while I can't be certain, the Ducati seems WAY heavier than a conventional conversion. I know some of that weight is balanced by that frame but if we're talking a true supermoto the Ducati simply isn't it.

It's a rich boys toy to show up at the MotoX track and has a million excuses as to why he can't get anything done with it...

Old 05-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Banned

Let me rephrase that...

Every review I've read BESIDES Motorcyclist has said the bike was heavy, squirelly and unpredictable in the dirt.

Has anyone noticed the trend in MC lately? I swear every month there is another Ducati on the cover... what gives?

Old 05-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Banned

Just did some more reading...

396lbs. dry weight. Add 3 or 4qts. of oil and a tank of gas and you've got a 410lb. + dirtbike... ? Haha, no thanks.

My XR is just over 200lbs. dry.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:48 PM

^ LOL 400lbs! I might as well throw knobbies on a 1000RR and head to the woods, LOL. Yeah, the Ducati looks like it soundn't lead too far from the road. I'd think of it more as a streetfighter than a dirtbike.

Quick Reply: New Ducati Hypermotard.