Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Car or Bike?
Car
57.69%
Bike
42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

New bike or new car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New bike or new car?

Ok guys this thread is serious. I'm looking to get a new car or a new bike. I can't really decide. my Current car is a 2003 toyota matrix, Which has been falling apart since 2006. I hate this car. I recently had to get a new clutch ( with out any warning. one day it shifted really well, and grabbed the gears, them BAM next say it fell apart.) So If I get a new car I will be putting 6500 down. and that would be my main source of transportation. OR if I get a bike I can only ride it on my days off. I can never drive it to work, and it would mean id have to keep my current matrix. I do miss my bike. So I'm torn. What do you guys thing?

Old 10-27-2010, 08:22 AM

I think we never got our picture Bill.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:24 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

lol considering im tradin my car for a bike haha ide say bike

Old 10-27-2010, 08:32 AM

If I could use my bike all year and to work, then I would. thats where i'm stuck

Old 10-27-2010, 08:41 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

lol my wife drives me to and from work during the winter so yea.. no need for a car at the moment...

Old 10-27-2010, 08:51 AM

buy a cheaper car and get a bike aswell

Old 10-27-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
I think we never got our picture Bill.

TG you know you're never gonna live this down until we get that pic:P

I say bike. It's not so hard to get by with only a bike. Grocery shopping can get old though. 2 or three time a week :P if ur boy has a car than I say go for it and there's a cage if its really nessecary

Old 10-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Angry

[QUOTE=jp_greenville13;981276I say bike. It's not so hard to get by with only a bike. Grocery shopping can get old though. 2 or three time a week :P if ur boy has a car than I say go for it and there's a cage if its really nessecary[/QUOTE]

Seriously??? Ive been through the one car one bike thing. Having to share with my wife. The best investement I made was to get another vehicle. I've been in the rain several times and in the 30 degree weather many times.....F*ck that! Its about priorities. Regardless of what everybody thinks, imo a motorcycle is like a 4 wheeler/dirtbike, its a toy/hobby. You are limited to what you can do on a motorcycle. If she keeps her same car that keeps giving her trouble, she could jepordize her job. A vehicle that is not reliable and can and will break down heading to work causes problems. There is only so many excuses you can use to explain why you were late to work........

Old 10-27-2010, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
Seriously??? Ive been through the one car one bike thing. Having to share with my wife. The best investement I made was to get another vehicle. I've been in the rain several times and in the 30 degree weather many times.....F*ck that! Its about priorities. Regardless of what everybody thinks, imo a motorcycle is like a 4 wheeler/dirtbike, its a toy/hobby. You are limited to what you can do on a motorcycle. If she keeps her same car that keeps giving her trouble, she could jepordize her job. A vehicle that is not reliable and can and will break down heading to work causes problems. There is only so many excuses you can use to explain why you were late to work........
The major differance between you and I is that I love to ride to a point where I can't get enough. I've never done the one car one bike thing but I have done the bike only thing. I have also ridden in 30* weather while raining on more than one occasion. No it's not pleasant. Would I sacrifice the chance to ride at all because of it? No. Givin the choice between a bike and a car for me, its a bike. No doubt. I've made that decision twice now. If you need four wheels once in a while there is usually a friend or a family member who is happy to help out.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:17 AM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Im somewhat surprised your toyota even gave you problems....

My 2000 corolla has 244,xxx original miles and climbing, original clutch.... seems like the older models are better then the newer ones...

Someone told me yesterday they have seen my car at over 500,000

Id say take your time searching and go for used car and a used bike