Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need help with arm pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help with arm pump

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

one thing I'm consistently noticing is you aren't looking all the way through the turns... your head should be turned pretty much entirely left and right on the turns of the angle you are taking here...
yeah I noticed that too. is it possible that you're making small corrections thru your turns that are wearing you out?

Old 08-07-2008, 06:33 AM

we'll, im 5'10" 143lbs and I dont lift at all, Ive never gottin into it, but after my last race i have certainly considered it, yea my leathers are a little tight around my shoulders.... also i found that when im downshifting into a turn, i squeeze the tank with my legs to help save my arms from holding myself up, thats the only thing that ive done thats helped me a little bit.... all your comments are great, and yea i need to get my upper body off and down more. i guess i am guilty of not looking all the way past the apex, ive never tried it.... i guess i got used to riding in the roads in the mountains and you cant see past the apex period so your lookin at those spots right in front of you.... i will definitly work on some of the stuff you guys have suggested.... thanks

Old 08-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Banned

do you have a good workout routine?
we'll, im 5'10" 143lbs and I dont lift at all
Problem solved.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:51 AM
VP

one of the easiest and cheapest ways to increase your core strength are push ups and sit ups...both are free and you can do them whenever you want. Get into the habit of doing both every day. Find out how many you can do of each then do that many every day...next week go up 10%, etc. etc. until you get the result you want.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:57 AM

we'll do.... ive got about a month and a half before my next race so ill start doin some push ups and sit ups every night until the race and letyou guys know how that works, ill also sit back a lil further lik.e spiritrr said, and get my head and body down more, look through and past the apex.... whew ive got a lot of stuff to work on, but after i get out of school (1 more year for my BS and then one more year after that for my MS in Civil Engineering) im gonna us.e my salary to go into a bike and more track time cause i would really lik.e to go pro one day.... its just hard to do a lot for racing whil.e im in college.... civil engineering is pretty tough and time consuming

Old 08-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Banned

ill start doin some push ups and sit ups every night
I suggest morning and night every other day. And, do them in small sets with a short rest inbetween,8 rest8 rest ... until failure. You have two goals, strength and endurance in the muscle. You need more and better bloodflow but maybe not peak strength. You need a way to remove lactic acid as well as to deliver oxygen.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Yea i have to disagree with VP here a bit, dont do every day. Your muscles need time to rest and heal, every other day at the most.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:49 AM

^^ Damn. Would hav.e been nice to know back in boot camp. I coulda told my Drill Instructors, "no, sorry, I'll get stronger if we just do this every other day" lol

Old 08-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You should be able to flap your arms like chicken wings and not upset the bike. If not, relax your arms more.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:01 PM

I believe it was said before...from the pictures it looks li ke your upper body is too stiff. Get your head lower and the upper body away from the center of the bike wh ile looking through the turn andshould start to notice that thatwill take some work load off your arms. Nice Pictures!

+1 for some push-ups.

Quick Reply: Need help with arm pump