Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need experienced opinions....600rr and 900rr/trade for my car...do it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need experienced opinions....600rr and 900rr/trade for my car...do it?

Here's the deal, I have a car that I've been selling for about four months. I'm not going to give specifics on what it is, but I'll say this much. The car has 15k invested into it, and while in better times I'd likely get about 10,500 or it, right now I'm looking at about 8500.00 cash.

I've been approached by someone with two bikes, that wants to trade. I've owned older vintage motorcycles, but never a newer streetbike, as I've always avoided them cause I get "kinda goofy" when it comes to fast bikes...lol. Anyway, I'm a little older and I feel that I'm smarter in terms of riding smart, so I'm considering the deal. I'd sell the 600 and keep the 900.

Here's what the two bikes are about:

2006 honda cbr 600rr . original owner. 6700 miles. clean title .never wrecked dropped or laid down .
mods include :
power commander
dyno jet ignition
dyno jet quick shifter
full tune with full throttle shift the bike smokes 750s, 900s,954s. tuned by west hills honda
gpr steering stabalizer
ran a 10.5 in the quarter
polished lip wheels
2 brand new tires never rode on
full leo vince exahust
full bike is safety wired
integrated rear turn signals
mirror block off plates
frame sliders
spools
barends
+3 rear tooth sprocket
new oil change
rear seat delete
brand new battery

98 cbr 900rr r title cracked the front plastic and controls everything is fixed great
polished frame
polished swing arm
18000 miles
new chain and sprockets
few other things nothing major but runs and looks good

The deal with the 600 is, he bought it new, but said he did a kit on the bike to track it that removed the headlight and things like that. He has since converted it back to street, but the plastics are unpainted white. Here's the only pic I have so far.

So, my question is, are these two bikes combined, based on the info available so far, worth 8500.00 cash REALISTICALLY speaking. As in, if I sold them both at the beginning of spring, as is, would I have 8500 cash in my pocket? If not, how much realistically do you think?

My concern is the white plastics on the O6 and the R title on the 98. I will add, that I have the equipment in-house to paint the plastics, but that's time and money out of my pocket to do it. I'm concerned people will think it was laid down and devalue it, but does the power its making make up for that? I need help....

Old 01-04-2010, 02:01 PM

alot of hassle to get yer money.... the 600rr 06 will fetch tween 4500 and 5500 (here) and the 900rr tween 1500 and 3000(here) . so it wood be pretty close but times are tite and its a buyers market not a sellers market rite now, as you allready know with yer car. if yer just trying to get yer 8500 then dont do it. but if you want a couple of cool hondas then go for it....hope this helps....peeece

Old 01-04-2010, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by RC000E
I'm not going to give specifics on what it is, but I'll say this much. The car has 15k invested into it
youve got 15K invested into some sort of car and your gonna post up on a forum with people that love bikes and i'd be willing to bet love cars and working on them as well and your not gonna even tell us what type of car it is? Any one with any interest in cars knows that 15K is a lot to be invested into a car and its gotta be at least something worth posting up a picture.
People are still gonna answer your question I just think that it'd be sweet to see the car, because hey I love seeing people projects they've put money into.

full tune with full throttle shift the bike smokes 750s, 900s,954s. tuned by west hills
ran a 10.5 in the quarter
you say it runs a 10.5 in the quarter (which is true) I don't know if he told you it smokes all those, but:

year 2002 stock 954 runs a Quarter-mile in 10.26 sec. @ 137.57 mph.
year 2000 stock 929 runs a Quarter-mile in 10.31 sec. @ 134.50 mph.
year 2000 stock 750 runs a Quarter-mile in 10.26 sec. @ 135.60 mph.

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_...mes/index.html

given it depends a lot on the rider but even if this 600 does beat these, It will not be "smoking" them.

Like bambam said price differs from where you live but gernerally the prices he has given are about average, especially since the 900 has a rebuilt and the 600 has different plastics (even though it has not been layed down, most buyers will be sketchy about buying a bike with new/repainted plastics, I know I would be.) Did you ask the guy what happened to the painted stock plastics?

I agree and say if your looking for the cash then don't do it but if you want a couple of fun bikes that your not worried about selling right off then go for it (after youve checked them out thouroughly of course)

Hope this helps

EDIT= it is a nice looking bike

Last edited by Jmclmorrow; 01-04-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:43 PM

Well, I wanted to keep the judgement as unbiased as possible. If it were a Mustang and some people hated mustangs, they're gonna say "that ain't worth x amount of dollars...trade cause I would etc". The car I have brings a very real 8500.00 cash..period.

The description of those bikes are the sellers...not mine...lol. I don't say it runs 10.5..the owner of the bike does...lol. I don't say the bike smokes anything...he does. How could I possibly say anything about something I don't own?

Old 01-04-2010, 02:48 PM

Well, I wanted to keep the judgement as unbiased as possible. If it were a Mustang and some people hated mustangs, they're gonna say "that ain't worth x amount of dollars...trade cause I would etc". The car I have brings a very real 8500.00 cash..period.

The description of those bikes are the sellers...not mine...lol. I don't say it runs 10.5..the owner of the bike does...lol. I don't say the bike smokes anything...he does. How could I possibly say anything about something I don't own?
dont think it was ment to offend ya bro, but that was abunch of loose lips on the times and most peeps around here take their bike stuff pretty serious so when the post reads "itll toast 750, 900, 954's" the comment will bring alittle heat. not to **** in yer coffee, just a little how to and why, peeeece bro

Old 01-04-2010, 02:53 PM

I just directly copy/pasted the pm I received that he sent for the entire description of the bikes. He said the "smoked" and times and blah blah blah...not me. I'm not offended, just clarifying.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure both bikes would bring $8500 in todays market -- not sure spring is gonna be any better If it's a guy you know and trust then I might be inclined to take the offer. Otherwise I'd have both bikes checked out top to bottom to make sure they're in primo condition.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:08 PM

Yeah, I don't know the guy much at all. I do question the replaced plastics on the 06. Like I said, I'd likely keep the 98 to ride and sell the 06 to put towards the purchase of a mid 90's Corvette.

So, I suppose the true question I have is, what can I get for this 06? I've seen 06's for 5000.00 and even 6000. I could custom paint the bike, as I assume that'd increase the value, but I'm worried people will question the motives to paint it and still only want to pay 4500.00...know what I mean.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

People won't question a QUALITY paint job in the slightest. A quality custom paint job actually will blind most people to mechanical issues.

You obviously aren't talking rattlecan since you mentioned having your own equipment. And doesn't sound like you're talking a Duplicolor Paint Shop job either, since you mention the time and effort involved. A custom paint might raise the value of the bike, with the downside of extending the time to find a buyer the new scheme appeals to.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:23 PM

I would say he sold the stock fairings for money to put back into it. That rr is pretty dialed in. I'd keep the 9 for the street and whip the 6 around the track.

Good luck either way

Quick Reply: Need experienced opinions....600rr and 900rr/trade for my car...do it?