Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My truck...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My truck...

My current vehicle has been a money pit since ive owned it. 00 Ford Expedition. I hate it.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:05 PM

lets see in the past two months, i have repaled head gasket and had head resurfaced , replaced a coolant line, than needed it timed better, no its in the shop for sumthing worng that i have no idea what lol, its running really bad, 4-5 months ago i replaced the mass airflow sensor...

Old 11-10-2008, 03:53 PM

had a 98 ford taurus that was perfect for five years, replaced the starter and that was it besides regular stuff like fuel filter, tires, fluids, battery, etc.

got a 95 s-10 about six months ago that i found out was not cared for. The radiator rusted to hell, replaced the belt, then the water pump, then the clutch+throw out bearing+linkage, then the transfer case, then the tires, then the battery, then sway bar links(not proper name), now something in the front right suspension is jacked and the master cylinder has been going out for a while and my gas mileage has taken a plunge so something is wrong there. going to be a long winter of repairs. The bike has not been completely reliable either...

Old 11-10-2008, 05:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Hcstreetriding

had a 98 ford taurus that was perfect for five years, replaced the starter and that was it besides regular stuff like fuel filter, tires, fluids, battery, etc.

got a 95 s-10 about six months ago that i found out was not cared for. The radiator rusted to hell, replaced the belt, then the water pump, then the clutch+throw out bearing+linkage, then the transfer case, then the tires, then the battery, then sway bar links(not proper name), now something in the front right suspension is jacked and the master cylinder has been going out for a while and my gas mileage has taken a plunge so something is wrong there. going to be a long winter of repairs. The bike has not been completely reliable either...
I feel your pain man....
Just got back from putting 2 new tires on the truck. When i got the flat off i saw that it blew out right through the sidewall of the tire, which is wierd to happen while its sitting but whatever (possibly cut by someone? or just an older tire), so jsut replaced both fronts to keep it even (backs are only a year or so old).

BTW does anyone have a link to that thread about how to see how old your tires are, i would like to check the ones they put on for ****s n giggles

Old 11-10-2008, 07:05 PM

I am not trying to start a bashing thread, but I have had the best luck with Toyota and Nissan trucks. I work on cars too, and I know which ones to stay away from. My list includes domestics, Mitsubishis, and Kias.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:25 PM

i agree with ya tacoma. i would not buy one simply because of my family all working in domestic vehicle factories but the Nissan and Toyota trucks are the shiz. We have beat the crap out of my friends trucks and after everything they still keep on running, it amazes me sometimes. Ive been disappointed in my last three chevy trucks, two of which were bought brand new the year they were made.

But i didnt say any of of that above... Chevy FTW just because i have to be stubborn

Old 11-10-2008, 07:56 PM

I don't mind workin on GM trucks, but is the same stuff over and over again. The same goes for GM cars.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Ynks i can tell you how old your tires are, just look on the side wall (most shops mount them on the inside) and there will a dot code. Both sidewalls have the dot code, but one side will have 4 extra numbers inside an oval. The first 2 numbers are the week the tire was manufactured, the 2nd 2 numbers are the year. So for example

This tire was made the first week of 2000.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:59 PM

i didnt mind when i had five year 100000 mile warranties lol now its all on me and it gets hard with school and being broke.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:26 PM

I owned the first, only and last dodge I will ever get. Beautiful truck, royal blue 2002 quad cab, low brow tint, limo reflective on all glass, jacked up to the sky with billstiens(sp?) on all 4 corners, huge swampers, 2in body and 7in suspension lift, warn winch front and rear, borla exhaust. Turned heads everywhere it went, gorgeous truck, but injectors failed, check engine light stayed on, heads cracked, uni-bearings went out, transmission computer went out,.....you name it. It was under warranty, and as such, no kidding, really really spent as much time in the shop as it did my driveway, got rid of it the first chance I got. I have never ever ever had one single problem out of a Nissan, I had an Xterra, best 4x4, hunting/beach rig ever, an altima, and now the wife has a Murano, zero complaints, great resale on the other Nissans. Now, I have a 69 F100, nice truck, retro greaser style, if rob zombie and elvira had a kid, this is what he would drive. Lowered, 52 coupe disks on out-black steelies with beauty rings, everything gloss jet-black with chrome trim and a fresh 390 with twin carters and a posi out back, lap belts,AM radio,and a clean head liner. up here in CT everyone comments on it, you don't see many nice old trucks up here. Too cool, plus, a drunk monkey could work on the thing. Simple. Everything I need and nothing I don't.

Quick Reply: My truck...