Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My realization

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My realization

IDK, as much as I worry about things, having more money than time would alleviate the anxiety, thereby making me happy. It's not the things you buy with money that make you happy, to me, it's the not having to worry about where your next meal is coming from.

People who have money, who have the power of choice in life, and are still unhappy, deserve to be depressed. Try living with nothing, first, before you complain about having everything.

And dude, get the engineering degree. You'll need a backup for when the lustre of other people's wealth turns into the sunburn of reality. By all means, go for the marketing opportunity, but in case you are not part of the .09 percent of those who make it big...you'll have something in the bag to keep you from drowning yourself. lol

Old 10-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you think marketing will make you happier than your present course, go for it. But get the engineering degree for something to fall back on. As for retirement being a life of sofa and soda - it doesn't have to be if you've paid attention to funding that time of life and have some interests outside your job. The saddest people I've known are those whose career was their entire life. Then, when they retired there was nothing to do.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:43 PM

I've seen people that have retired with a serious work ethic. Many flounder & fall, some fall off the perch earlier than they should have. Many end up divorced because of the frictions at home.
Sure, there are a lot of great career's out there, great jobs that satisfy & are challenging & contribute to society/humanity. For most of us though, work is a means to an end, its a compromise, you hopefully find yourself doing something that you can cope with each day with a reasonable pay, but keeps you & your family safe, fed & happy.
So I totally agree with you, 'Work to live, not live to work'.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:48 PM

wow this is pretty deep thoughts thanks guys, wasnt really expecting all of this. yes ive heard of quickstar, acn, 5linx, etc...and i realize that only the top 10% make the money, that's exactly why i decided to join/risk this network, they're still smal, products are phenomenal, and the compensation is good. but anyways thats not the point of my post, in fact idk why im even posting this i just love getting people's opinions about different matters...

this might get bashed get me banned but you know what i'd like a second opinion on my website:
gima.diamondtreeonline.com, the network in starting to do...let me know what you think.

a little more about myself, im 20 believe it or not and been riding for a year. my engineering degree is just 3 semesters aways so i know im not gonna just drop out, im so close i can just grab my diploma...anyways keep the reply's coming, cause i know alot of you are more wise and experienced than me

Old 10-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: amig
what im about to say, what i started to believe, what i came to realize is going to be bashed and hammered by everyone that had a huge dream but was never able to accomplish it due to lack to training, experience, management, and team work. network marketing is the next job the future the job beyond the job. those people i sat down with, talked 1 to 1 with were all network markters, mlm. im taking a risk for a better future there is need for a change in this routine made work, i want to have a flexible schedule, spend time with my family...this will be my future.
I*m not going to go into all the deep philosophical thoughts on career choices, money and life .. although I do have a lot of thoughts on it, a lot was already covered pretty well in the above posts ... the main thing I want to say is regarding MLM: I*m not trying to bash your dreams so please don*t take it that way but for whatever it*s worth, coming from someone who went through college, paid for everything (car, housing, education) himself, and then did the MLM thing please hear me on this: very few (and I really want to say NONE but won*t) MLMs are worth your time or effort. Take it from someone who went into a huge one on the ground floor NOT AS IN THE typical recruiting or sales part of it that 99% get into but the top 1% that actually own stock in the corporation ... that they ALL are on the verge of scam .. I won*t call them a scam because they technically violate no laws but they are so close to that the line is blurred.

Keep in mind those people you are talking to are biased towards being motivated sales people to recruit so it is not in their best interest to be anything otherwise. If you take none of the above seriously and think it*s all horse malarkey, at the very least ask yourself: if the product is so amazing why do they need me and not sell it themselves (rhetorical question because they are not trying to sell anything rather to recruit).

p.s. No offense, saw the site and the vid and it has all the typical hype with no substance.

p.s.s. Please do not turn this into a recruiting thread or it will be closed. Thank You

p.s.s.s. Get the degree man

Old 10-19-2008, 07:34 PM

A good friend of mine that is always trying new ideas and always doing his own thing once told me that you cannot fail if you don't TRY. I I have never forgotten those words. If you don't try, you will wish you had.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Retired Moderator

^^ MLMs will make u change that philosophy with a quickness .. only thing you*ll learn from them is a life long lesson on how not to fall for snake oil.

I*ll stay out of this thread hereon so as not be a downer .. just take it for what its worth.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:15 PM

I always tell my students that I have been able to fool everyone all my life, I do something for work that I would do even If they didn't pay me for it. I am a professional Ballet Dancer and teacher. I love my job but have this advise to give you. THeRE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN EASY BUCK!! Seriously, I Love my job and wouldn't do anything else, but it is still hard work. It has taken literally BLOD SWEAT and TEARS to get to the point at which'my wife and I are at, and it will continue to be that wat for us to mantain the level that we are at. We reharse 5 to 8 hours a day as dancers and spend 4 to 5 hour a day teaching. (13 hour days right there) plus we are the owners of our dance academy so that is 2 to 3 hours a day in planning, dealing with students/parents opening/closing the school plus dealing with all the other administrative bull. Apart from that we have a daughter that is 1 year 6 months old and already goes into the dance room and starts doing and telling the names of dance steps, so those of you who are parents know there is no rest for us EVER.

We have both LITERALLY danced with broken toes, Ive had ballerinas break my nose in the middle of a presentation (step gone really wrong) and had to continue.

do I regret any of it NOOOOO, do I sit at home waiting to cash my check NOOOO, I get up early every day and get home late tired and beat up, and I wouldnt have it any other way...

Find something you love to do and do it as HARD and as BEST AS YOU CAN. Anyone can make money and be unhappy, anyone can be lazy and not do any money, but making money and being happy now that is hard work!