Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My Girls Bike Decals, Need Your Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My Girls Bike Decals, Need Your Help

just found this too....

http://www.stripeman.com/Merchant2/m...ode=Pin+Stripe

at the bottom there is a color chart, i see pink!

http://www.stripeman.com/colors.html

finally found the 3M stuff too, but didnt have much luck finding pinstriping...you can look if you want...

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...ir/Trans/Auto/

Old 03-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang, what are you searching lol. I have been on google trying to find stuff and keep pulling up the same sights, haha

Old 03-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

See, I own a vinyl business, so I can cut out my own stuff and what not, I just dont want to have to spend $40 on some vinyl I am only going to use 5/16" of an inch of, know what I mean???? I guess I will keep looking and if worst comes to worst, I will order that stuff from Canada that RRasco found. I just wanted to find automotive pnstripe because it will be a alot easier to manuver and bend than normal vinyl will. But thanks for your ideas guys!!! If any of you guys have it buy you let me know. Thanks for all the help!!!!!
hey d2, knew you did decals but didn't know about the vinyl business. what you say makes sense and I'd do that too ... one thing though, when we where going to use a really unusual material that would only be used once, if the customer wasn't going to pay for a whole roll we'd check other sign shops and just purchase a small bit of it from them and cut our own from that. but yeah, the links are better for your current project. good luck.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:07 PM

Alright man!!! Got some from one of those sites, Thanks for your help!!!!!

Old 03-19-2007, 06:16 PM

Dang, what are you searching lol. I have been on google trying to find stuff and keep pulling up the same sights, haha
lol, tons of different stuff....guess it comes from looking for parts for my bike and odd stuff...i always seem to need the one thing on one ever has.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

See, I own a vinyl business, so I can cut out my own stuff and what not, I just dont want to have to spend $40 on some vinyl I am only going to use 5/16" of an inch of, know what I mean???? I guess I will keep looking and if worst comes to worst, I will order that stuff from Canada that RRasco found. I just wanted to find automotive pnstripe because it will be a alot easier to manuver and bend than normal vinyl will. But thanks for your ideas guys!!! If any of you guys have it buy you let me know. Thanks for all the help!!!!!
hey d2, knew you did decals but didn't know about the vinyl business. what you say makes sense and I'd do that too ... one thing though, when we where going to use a really unusual material that would only be used once, if the customer wasn't going to pay for a whole roll we'd check other sign shops and just purchase a small bit of it from them and cut our own from that. but yeah, the links are better for your current project. good luck.

Yeah, I just started up my own business in December, but had been working in partnership with someone for a while. I am wanting to get my site up and running but dont have enough time to upload everything. But yea, my only problem is I would still need about 15 feet of it, but I was going to call a few local shops thay may have a saw to cut the entire roll, cardboard and all, but I found that stuff online so I decided no too. Do you own/work for a vnyl place too?

Old 03-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Retired Moderator

Yeah, I just started up my own business in December, but had been working in partnership with someone for a while. I am wanting to get my site up and running but dont have enough time to upload everything. But yea, my only problem is I would still need about 15 feet of it, but I was going to call a few local shops thay may have a saw to cut the entire roll, cardboard and all, but I found that stuff online so I decided no too. Do you own/work for a vnyl place too?

used to own a fast signs franchise (with a partner) but sold it. now partners in a print shop. we still deal with very small amount of vinyl type stuff since we do poster making and our poster maker does cut vinyl as well. but we don't advertise or market anything to do with signs or vinyl anymore.

when we used to do stripes we'd just cut it off the very bottom of the roll if it had to be a long uncut strip, thereby the roll is virtually left unused and intact since we're just taking a 1/4" or so off the bottom ... or just take the 2 foot wide roll and cut about 6 strips of stripes if it can be in sections .. thereby using very little of the roll.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:33 PM

i dont know how you guys weed all damn day, i make some vinyls at work and i cant stand trying to peel those little letters.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

i dont know how you guys weed all damn day, i make some vinyls at work and i cant stand trying to peel those little letters.
Haha, little fonts SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate doing small fonts, but hey, you have to do them sometimes. I dont mind doing decal kits or whatever. Yeah, its really time consuming, but its not as bad as doing small letters. Anything above about 1" isnt bad, but the 1/2" and 1/4" letters are really really a pain and I swear the entire time I am weeding, lol. But yeah, sometimes I am there for a while, my eyes hurt, I get dizzy, lol, then I am dont for the day, haha, but most of it isnt toobad.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:42 PM

tell me about it...i have been doing 3/4" tall letters with a -------- through the middle. making there a top and a bottom piece of each letter.

Quick Reply: My Girls Bike Decals, Need Your Help