Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

my friend knows someone with a stolen bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: my friend knows someone with a stolen bike

let's hope the po po patrol this board like they do many other boards...

Old 05-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you do somethin just make sure they dont find out its you, they probably know you gotta bike and someone will rips your as a vendetta.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Banned

James...It was the tone of your original post that people got annoyed at the 'should have taken better care of it' comment. Really, If I were you, I'd like to know who stole that bike, because if he lives near you, you could be next. At least you would have a chance at getting lucky at retrieving your bike (especially if you aren't in a big city).

Old 05-24-2007, 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

so dose this make me a bad person. its not my fault someone lost there bike. they should have taken care of it better.
Now I see why you like Power Rangers, you need to grow up.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:33 PM

I don't know what the laws are like in your area, but I would think that if you know of someone who has stolen goods, and you don't report it, it may make you an accessory. I don't know if that could qualifiy for obstruction of justice or not. I'm not a police officer, so I don't know for sure.

Morally, I if you're sure that guy is not BSing you, you're not doing the motorcycle community a favor by keeping quiet. Of course, you have your own personal safety to worry about if they find out you ratted them out, especially if you're the only one they told.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:35 PM

yea thats y i am asking.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:46 PM

Dude i would tip off the cops. Or have your buddy get you pics of the rims or something that you could use as proof. If your friend knows where that guy lives and he knows where you live then there is always a chance your bike could be next. Think of it this way. If you were walking through a parking garage and saw a guy stealing a bike what would you do. Step around the corner and call the cops or stand there and watch him go. If you don't do something about it then your protecting him. Not saying you got to go into 007 mode to do it. Is this guy a known felon are the cops aware that he steals. Also is your friend a felon.

You might make a new post on here asking for help from some of the cops that are members of the site. They would be able to tell ya what to do.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: transambird_2000

Dude i would tip off the cops. Or have your buddy get you pics of the rims or something that you could use as proof. If your friend knows where that guy lives and he knows where you live then there is always a chance your bike could be next. Think of it this way. If you were walking through a parking garage and saw a guy stealing a bike what would you do. Step around the corner and call the cops or stand there and watch him go. If you don't do something about it then your protecting him. Not saying you got to go into 007 mode to do it. Is this guy a known felon are the cops aware that he steals. Also is your friend a felon.

You might make a new post on here asking for help from some of the cops that are members of the site. They would be able to tell ya what to do.
i would beat there ***. and no he dont know wher i live.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Retired Moderator

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Old 05-24-2007, 04:06 PM

How many posts have we seen about the cost of insurance. This is another reason insurance is high. I hope the owner had insurance to cover his loss and I do hope that those that know about this thief, do the right thing and report it. I couldn't sleep at night knowing what you know and didn't do anything about it.

Quick Reply: my friend knows someone with a stolen bike