Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My baby got knocked over!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My baby got knocked over!!

So im in texas going to a funeral and my wife stops at this gas station/whataburger place. I park right behind her car cause the parking is packed. So im following her inside the store and she tells me she just wants a drink and then she asks me to go put gas in her car. I tell her what i want then i grab her keys and go hop in the car, throw it in reverse tap the gas and i remember a second to late! BOOM! I pull forward and hop out of the car in a second and my baby is laying on the floor helpless.

I pick her up and punched the back of the car followed by kicking a wall and then i just sat down. I wanted to cry!(no joke i literally had to hold back some tears). Managed to hit damage every fairing and put a crack in the left upper, bent my right rearset as well.

I want my bike to be flawless again so i think i may file an insurance claim. EEEEEK!

Old 08-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks man, Good thing about it, is that you did it vs your wife. I did something similar and I think it's far better to be mad at yourself then someone else.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Owowow. I dropped Ororo too recently. Luckily there was no damage... Thanks to a dislocated back and a sprained knee (I had to call my girlfriend on the phone to come outside and lift her off my leg)

Before you go the insurance route, find a really good auto body shop and ask for an estimate. If the insurance company tries to price out replacing the fairings instead of repair, they may start eyeballing the "Totalled" option

Old 08-11-2010, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
Sucks man, Good thing about it, is that you did it vs your wife. I did something similar and I think it's far better to be mad at yourself then someone else.
Haha i think thats what sucked the most. As soon as it happened i was like "**** i cant be mad at anyone but me!" lol If it had been a stranger i wouldnt have been so upset cause there insurance would have fixed it. But now i get to wait another 1-2 months before i drop the 1k to fix it all.

An expensive lesson was learned here though. When your a die hard bike fan dont drive cars. haha That was the first time i drove her car in over 3-4 months and i only drove it maybe 2 feet and caused my baby to be hurt. lol

I wont be in a cage again till im forced. lol

Old 08-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Administrator - Retired

Man.... that sucks.
I know a dude who bought a brand new VRod and his father in law backed into it. He had the bike for 1 week before her dad crushed it. Ran completely over it. Chit happens, man. I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but it happens all the time. Hell, the wind could have blown it over..... or it could have sunk in hot pavement. (wink wink)

Old 08-12-2010, 07:25 AM

definately don't call the insurance company for something so petty. Just fix it yourself. Trust me it's not worth it, cuz they are gonna hike your rates and then there's always the chance they'll make your bike a salvage title which would cut the value of your bike in half.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:29 AM

damnnnn that blows... i would have reacted the same way :/ glad your woman did do it though.. you'd be in jail lol

Old 08-12-2010, 10:02 AM
October 2011 ROTM

CBR - You might have held back the tears but I did not. I love you bike. Its a damn shame to see it rashed.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry about your bike. I think we all understand you pain. Chaulk it up to experience & try your best to move on. Once you get new parts, you can sell your old ones on *bay & recoup some of your expense.

As for insurance... it might benefit you in the short run by getting new parts for your bike but ultimately, as stated, most likely your rates would go up.

Here's hoping you get it back like you want it soon.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:24 PM

Damn that sucks you hit it. But seems like some are loosing sight of what a motorcycle really is, materialistic. When you value something materialistic as much as it seems you do, **** happens....

Quick Reply: My baby got knocked over!!