Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

*Mutter* Kia has discovered a new way to test us

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default *Mutter* Kia has discovered a new way to test us

Aside from still going absolutely ape-chit when I leave in the morning or Yuen gets home at night.

Aside from terrorizing Kai when he decides to settle down

Aside from still not making the cognitive leap from not peeing in her crate to not peeing in the house

Aside from demolishing any shoe left on the floor (no she cannot get my riding boots)

Her newest thing? She went into heat a week before her scheduled spaying! So now we have to wait till her heat is over before getting her spayed. We can't take her to the dog park or doggie daycare. We have to watch her and any strange dog like a hawk lest we end up with puppies (Kai is neutered). And best of all... she's leaving spots all over the house!

Yuen was asking me frantically what we could do about the spotting. Doggie diapers is out (we'd lose an arm trying to get them on only to have her shred them a minute later). My reply of stocking up on paper towels and disinfecting spray nearly got me decked

Old 05-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you do as far as discipline goes for the dog.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

lol -- I expected this thread to be about some new Korean car...

kuro, i fully expect to see you guys with a hot new doggie drama on TLC next season

Old 05-29-2011, 10:37 PM

what kind of dog is she? and how much is it to ship puppies?

Old 05-29-2011, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by billetproof97
What do you do as far as discipline goes for the dog.
Restrict freedom / take away valued objects until the do something to earn them back.

Really don't want to punish this breed of dog too negatively and never physically. They're extremely intelligent and very independant. People that have pissed off a Shiba regret it quickly

Originally Posted by regener8ed

kuro, i fully expect to see you guys with a hot new doggie drama on TLC next season
People would never want to own a dog again after watching

Originally Posted by mike.bucci
what kind of dog is she? and how much is it to ship puppies?
Kai and Kia are both Shiba Inus. Kai was shipped from a breeder and it was $250 for him to fly here from Oklahoma. Kia only cost us a tank of gas since we got her from a breeder in NJ. Given her temperment, I doubt the plane would have survived her as a passenger

Last edited by Kuroshio; 05-29-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:02 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

this is what i found on the dog....very nice looking dogs

The Shiba is alert, confident, courageous, and bold. Loving, kind, trainable and brave. They are clean and most try to avoid puddles and are relatively easy to housebreak. They bark little and bond closely with their handler. Playful and delightful, a well-adjusted Shiba is good with kids, other dogs and cats. Active, lively, agile and fast. Socialize this breed well as a puppy, as they can be reserved with strangers. If the Shiba is not completely convinced that its handler can handle the pack leader position and regards himself as stronger minded they will become a bit stubborn as they will believe they need to make up their own rules. Proper human to canine communication is essential. A natural hunting dog, the Shiba should not be trusted alone with small pets such as rabbits, guinea pigs, rodents and small birds. Be careful when taking them off leash as they like to chase, especially if they do not regard their owners as a strong pack leader. Adapts well to traveling. Make sure you are this dog's firm, confident, consistent leader, providing daily pack walks to avoid behavior issues.

be the pack leader man.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:25 PM

scorpionvmu, the "trainable" part is up for debate. Actually, the show Dogs 101 named the breed one of the most difficult dogs to train. They are fiercely independent. Kai understands my "I'm not joking" voice. Kia is still testing the limits.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:48 PM
August 2011 ROTM

I have a guy comes to my store and cleans dog's teeth. He would not do Shiba and Basenji for reason Kuroshio knows well

Old 05-30-2011, 11:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by regener8ed

Old 05-30-2011, 11:58 PM

buy some dog diapers and throw them on her, wont leave anymore spots... you can buy it at any animal store

Quick Reply: *Mutter* Kia has discovered a new way to test us