Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Are you a foot dragger ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's no good. You are showing our age now. A little wobble?? here & there especially with Kerry. The mind boggles lol. I do tend to find if I haven't been riding for a while the age set's in & my balance is a little bit off but dragging feet after taking off . I love watching some of the scooter riders & giving them a hard time about their bad habbits though.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have this habit, where if I am just slowing at lights , I will try to balance for as long as I can , again even if it means I take a few extra feet of road up wobbling to stay upright ...
(a habit that has hung over from push bike when I was real young )
I ride EXACTLY like you do steve.
My other bad habit is not putting my feet down at all when I come up to stop signs. I look while I'm coming to the stop, and then stop for a split second, and take off without putting my feet down.

When I was younger (dirtbikes, mountainbikes, bmx, etc.) me and my friends would compete to see who could stay up the longest. (trackstanding).
I guess it is carryover from that. Never really thought about it.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only put my feet down when forward momentum has stopped. And my feet come up as I release the clutch taking off. Wobble? whats this wobble you speak of?

Old 08-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, it's definitely harder on a big motorcycle, though. It takes some practice. You can't turn the wheel like you can on a pedalbike.
I wouldn't even try it with a passenger... they never sit still...lol..

When traffic is backed up at a stop sign, I like to make a game of it... trying not to put my feet down at all. You have to time it right, and move only while the next person is pulling away. It's fun.. but maybe I'm just easily amused with myself...lol..

Old 08-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kerry wants my address?? Just look for the worst house in the best street in Adelaide & deliver it there. Just make sure that you come in after & have a beer

Old 08-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Dunno if yu being serious? , but in my case its where the front wheel has to be turned left and right at real real low speed or near stopped to maintain balance .... and yer , again its usually because of me misses moving ever so slightly ...

Nar ...chit I do that all the time ... I recon most riders do it to some degree .... may be we are just a little more amused by it as you put it Dylan , by trying to stay upright for as long as we can mate ...
ahh, in that case, that cant really be avoided lol

Quick Reply: Are you a foot dragger ??