Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Motorola Droid

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I pay $119 for 900 minutes + internet + unlimited txt / pic msging. With a 20% discount on that I'm satisfied (also includes 10 member 'friends & family' unlimited calling)

Old 11-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an iPhone 3Gs through AT&T and love it. I recently purchased a MyTouch 3G for y fiance'. I must say that after I played around on her MyTouch (which uses Android) I was ready to trade her for my 16 gig iPhone 3Gs. I am paying $140.00 for 2100 minutes + unlimited text and web with the 10 friends and family A-List unlimted calling and roadside assistance on her phone through AT&T for our 2 phones. Android definately has their s*** together! I love the fact that so many apps are free on their market place -vs- paying for apps on Apples' store. Anyone intersted in a white iPhone 3Gs that is like new with 14 different cases and lots of extras PM me. I would like to trade it for n HTC MyTouch 3G

Last edited by CapoCam; 11-02-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:45 PM

You guys know that if you just buy the phone say off of C-list or ebay, they will not make you have a data plan to activate it. I have a blackberry with no data on ATT. Got a buddy with a winmo phone on verizon no data.

Pretty cool phone makes me wana get it and sign up for the data plan

Old 11-02-2009, 08:36 PM

I recently (October 10th) picked up an HTC Imagio after my Samsung i670 bit the dust. I have to use a Windows Mobile phone due to an exchange server through my company and sales software that is Windows based. Because I'm in ND, I'm pretty limited to Verizon if I want coverage anywhere. At the time it was nearly impossible to get any other phone other than the Samsung Saga because of huge backorders.
The features of this phone are pretty impressive compared to others I've used. I would really like to have an actual keyboard but I'm learning to use the pure touch screen. WinMo 6.5 is a bit too new to have a ton of play apps yet but for work it performs great. If you need a WinMo phone, this one gets my vote. There are some great videos of this thing in action on the net if you're interested.
BTW, I have a huge voice/data plan that cost me about $150/month. Thankfully it's a work expense and covered through my company.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by deadfred
You guys know that if you just buy the phone say off of C-list or ebay, they will not make you have a data plan to activate it. I have a blackberry with no data on ATT. Got a buddy with a winmo phone on verizon no data.

Pretty cool phone makes me wana get it and sign up for the data plan
True, you can activate it with no data plan but these phones work hand-in-hand with the iNet so all you would be able to do is call and text and not use all the great featues associaed with the phone.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CapoCam
True, you can activate it with no data plan but these phones work hand-in-hand with the iNet so all you would be able to do is call and text and not use all the great featues associaed with the phone.
A 'berry without data is like a CBR with square tires It'll work... but nowhere near its full potential

Old 11-03-2009, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
A 'berry without data is like a CBR with square tires It'll work... but nowhere near its full potential

LoL, so true!

Old 11-03-2009, 10:11 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Excactly. I was not about to get this phone just to make and receive phone calls. Hell my old phone would do that. Google maps on this thing is awesome. It has saved me a lotof time by using the traffic layer and telling me where all the bad spots are

Old 11-04-2009, 01:35 PM

thats y u go with Sprint. Simply everything plans starting at $70 bucks. And the palm pre is pretty sweet i think. IDK about the droid ive never seen one but they do seem to be pretty awesome... if i was a VZ customer that'd def be the one i get.

Last edited by G3NESYS; 11-04-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:28 PM

I've had the G1 since they first came out and it uses Android. Because it was the 1st phone to use Android and Google I'm having to wait for updates to get me to where you guys with the newer droid phones are at. As of now the iphone IMO is just a better phone. Until droid is able to have an Adobe Flash player I will continue to think that way. As soon as Apple and AT&T end their contract and the iphone goes to all the different providers Android will be finished and Steve Jobs will become the richest man in the world.

Quick Reply: Motorola Droid