Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Motogp

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motogp

Well somtime in my future id liked to get into motogp races and maybe go for full sponsorship any of you guys got any tips ect. for geting into the racing scene and geting sponsorships i would realy like to persue this occupation oh and what are education requierments like college or high school fine ect. ect. thanks in advance

Old 09-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Default RE: Motogp

No expert here, but a buddy of mine got into racing at the local beat n bang 1/10th mile by well, first, building up a ride, and then he went around to local shops he dealt with and asked for discounts on products in exchange for their advertisement when he raced. He did OK as far as saving a few dollars on tires, welding services, radiators, heads ect....you gotta ask, the worse case scenario is they say no. But, I would think....start small, work your way up, if your good, you get noticed, brick by brick you work your way up. Just proposition yourself in a proffessional manner and even if they say no, ask for a decal you could display if it's someone you've delt with and like their services. May not be relevant, but I shoot NRA high-power, I send off my score sheets to gun manufacturers and folks in the shooting industry and ask to try their product, tell them who I use (usually a competitor) and that I would like to try their gear and almost always get a HUGE discount on gear or products like new barrels, magazines, shooting jackets, gloves, ect...On a few of my service match rifles, I have one or two advertisement stickers on the stock or a cap I am wearing, and I send in a photo as well. They see a guy who does well and people see, and they look at what gear hes using...and they want it to be their gear that is seen. Just my .02

Old 09-18-2006, 09:53 PM

so just pretty much ask around for sponsors and for geting into the scene just go and race and youl get noticed if your good?

Old 09-18-2006, 10:05 PM

well, kinda I would guess, don't haggle folks or pester them, I would go to the people who you use like the local tire shop you buy from, maybe a shop that tunes your bike, local guys, and tell them your goals, that your racing the ameture league of so and so and would they like a spot on your bike for a discount on their services. I doubt any vendor would be like...ok guy, lemme kick you "X" amount of dollars, put my name here have fun, I would think the whole idea is for people to support someone affordably, get they're name out there where it will be seen, and save you a few bucks also. Now, don't quote me on anything, the only deals, sponsorship discounts I've gotten are in the shooting sports, but I would immagine it's the same kind of idea. Or if you win a couple local races or do good in the area ameture league, send in a column, race results, or trophy pic to some of the bigger names and ask about possibilities for using their product and what they can offer you.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:24 PM

that would be awesome being on hondas factory team

Old 09-19-2006, 12:53 AM

yes it would. But those guys don't just get appointed there. They earn it, somehow, someway.

Old 09-19-2006, 03:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

yes it would. But those guys don't just get appointed there. They earn it, somehow, someway.
+1 big time man those guys have worked their @$$es off to be where they are and if you are as determined as they are then you stand a fighting chance to do that some day. but just outta curiosity whats your riding experience?

Old 09-19-2006, 08:37 PM

currently dirt bikes hopefully a cbr within the next few months

Old 09-19-2006, 11:04 PM

Most european racers in the game start out when they are just kids (9-12). Red Bull has a rookie cup for the real stars... Most Americans that have gone over were at the very least in the cream of the AMA crop and not older than 22 or so. I'm not trying to dash anyones hopes but getting into motoGP without experience is like trying to walk on to and NFL team without ever playing highschool or college ball... (I know, I know, Vince Papale notwithstanding)