Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Most people say this is insanebut tell me what you think??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Most people say this is insanebut tell me what you think??

hey wats up everyone...ne way, i was riding over the weekend with my buddy and the one guy brought this other kid along and his bike was beautiful,it was an 07 1000rr and had chrome,exhaust, pc 111 and bunchof thoer good **** and when i asked him his age he said 17. i was like holy shizz!! i checked his license and it was true. you know everyone would just say how the kid is a ticking time bomb with a bike like that but he actually handled it good i was surprised and he said he is very defensive and hardly ever speeds and never has been down b4. dammmn!! that surprises me, what you guys have to say about kids like this??

Old 07-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Generally, I would never recommend a 1000RR to a 17 year old and I think most would be on borrowed time ... however there are always exceptions to the rule and this 17 year old may be it ... let's face it some 30 year olds should not have a 1000RR either ..lol

Having said that, even though he may well be good on it and mature enough not to open it up in the wrong place, I still think he would have gotten better experience and ultimately been a better rider on something less powerful that he can push a little before going to the 1000RR ... also I don't know how it is in your country but here in the UK I doubt a 17 year old could get insured on a 1kRR and if he could it would be as much as the bike ..lol

Jules

Last edited by Juliet; 07-12-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 41 and dont need a 1k lol, doesnt mean I cant handle it. Just means I know I would push it too far with one. I like to get on the throttle hard out of turns, and I'd end up spinning the rear up with a 1k and eating some pavement.

I seen lots of youngins on 1k's, some of them even started on them. Can they ride? sure. Wil they be able to control the power of a 1k in a panic sitiaution? Only time will tell.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I 1st started riding a lot of my friends went for bigger bikes, unlike now where we have laws that restrict new riders to a lower power output. Some made it & unfortunately some didn't. When your young you tend to think yourself invincible & take more risks & on a powerful bike things can go pear shaped real quick.
On the other hand, a lot of baby boomers are getting back into bikes after a 30 to 40 year hiatus & the same scenario as young guys, but are able to get a big bike (they usually go for something BIG) think that they can handle it cause they could when they where 17. Some will make it, some won't.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:11 PM

It's true, it's not the bike, it's the rider. And if the kid doesn't use his head, he'd get messed up on a 600, on a 1000...he'd just get messed up quicker.
Some People just don't have any coordination and don't belong on a bike, period. But most People can control the throttle and brakes and most times that makes all the difference in the World.
250, 600, 750, 1000...none are Top Fuel Drag Bikes. Stating the obvious? Yeah a little. But this topic kinda gets under my skin a lil. NO, dont get the 1000, get the 250. Or No, don't bother with the lil bike, go big. My attitude is, as long as you respect the power no matter how big or small, your going to learn how to ride it with whatever power it has. You can learn on a 600, but as soon as you get on a 1K, you almost have to learn a whole new beast anyways. You may not drift the rear exiting a corner on a 600, which gives you NO EXPERIENCE. How does that prep you for a 1K since you may slide it out? It doesn't. So my opinion is that it doesn't matter what the 17 year old gets, cause whatever it is, if he doesnt respect the bike he's gonna get hurt either way. It's all up to the rider. I can say all this because I have a 1000, and it's not that bad, it's a smooth power band and very easy to ride. Grab a handfull though and it will remind me who's Boss real quick!

Old 07-12-2009, 11:26 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I've met high school students that acted more mature than middle aged people I've worked with in the past. So yeah, it doesn't surprise me that there is a good one in a bunch now and then. Good for him.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:27 PM

Sounds like he's being pretty cool with the bike,- for now. As long as his Ego doesn't expand faster than his skillset, he should be o.k.! That's where the real danger lies!

Old 07-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

If he is meant to have it he will survive, if not evolution will take care of itself

Quick Reply: Most people say this is insanebut tell me what you think??