Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The most embarassing thing that happened to you on a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 10:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pushing the F3 for 4 blocks to the gas station for forgetting to turn it off reserve after the last fill up.

Had a friend with me who offered to help too. But I refused. I wanted to burn the experience into my memory so I'd NEVER forget it agaiN

Old 11-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I get a dry mouth in the summer here, so carry a bottle of spray mouth wash.
Also carry an identical bottle of visor cleaner.
You guessed it.
Damned visor was sprayed with mouth wash, and the taste of screen cleaner isn't very pleasant.
I couldn't even spit it out...............

Oh and ditto Kuro's story. Parked it and walked - a 1000F isn't for pushing

Old 11-03-2011, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

false nutral in a gas station, tipover on saturday night with people everywhere

Old 11-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same as kuro on my F2. I was on I20 and pushed it for a little over a mile and then under a bridge to get to the gas station.

Old 11-03-2011, 05:55 PM
July 2014 ROTM
Thumbs up minty fresh

"Damned visor was sprayed with mouth wash, and the taste of bugkiller isn't very pleasant."

at least the visor was minty fresh . I will take the second part of your statement as reference to screenwash............

Bugkiller

Old 11-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Indeed !
OOPS !
Poor choice of words - fixed it hehe

Old 11-04-2011, 09:48 AM

well I bet everyone has one of these stories to tell, A few years back me and a buddy just got our bikes went out cruising one night and pulled into the shell were all the bikers were hanging out, my buddy pulls up to a pump to get gas so i coast over to him, for some reason he cuts in front of me so i hit the front brakes only to cause me to lay the bike over with my girl on the back at like 2 mph - haha I kept a firm grip on the handlebars and it never touched ground but it was sure close, I was so embarrassed!

Old 11-21-2011, 11:43 AM

Sounds so familiar Yall, been riding since i was 18, (now 38), and being a reasonable guy i never bought moped ,or 125cc but went straight to big league... First training bike was light and nimble kawazaki z1300... Then after short training i went to local meat market to check them girls and just cruise... Well the sound of big kawa with Arto Nyqvist exhaust (straight tubes with volkswagen beetle flutes) was like honey to the girls and luck was guaranteed. One night i pulled of the local parkin lot where all the girls and boys hanged around. There was some sand in the curve, and while i was doing my Fashionable exit with lots of noise the backwheel spinned... When it finally got some grip i moved from the drivers seat to the backseat and became just a spectator. Bike wheeled the whole towns mainstreet, i hanged on the bars with my life flashing in front of me. And when i finally got it down my pulse was doing 200something. I stopped at the roadside and the local mopedboys catched me to angrily tell me that its so easy to pick up the girls doing stunts when one has such a big powerfull bike. I never told them the truth on that, but ive been riding with luck since i got my training wheels gone...

Old 11-21-2011, 09:27 PM

My ninja had a bad starter button ..so I wired up a push button.. well i hid it under the left rear fairing. So one day I i killed it at a stoplight.. on a steep hill so I put the kickstand down and had to hold the bike so it wouldnt slide and reach under the faring and start it.. Glad I wear a fullface.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:38 PM

Ran out of fuel right before corner 3 on a trackday at HPT.....Thank GAWD, the F3 has a reserve. Pulled off, got fuel, back on the track.....

I used to be able to do a whole TD without re fueling, I guess I was progressing, getting faster, and running at higher RPM's, using more fuel...doh

Quick Reply: The most embarassing thing that happened to you on a bike?