Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

More than a watch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008 | 01:58 PM
Banned
Default RE: More than a watch?

a little gaudy with all that color, plus it will clash with most things you wear. I think a man should wear a large stainless sportwatch like a omega seamaster, rolex sea-dweller or a TAG. But watches are like jewelery too, buy what you like even if you don't wear it everyday.

Old 11-20-2008 | 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

a little gaudy with all that color, plus it will clash with most things you wear. I think a man should wear a large stainless sportwatch like a omega seamaster, rolex sea-dweller or a TAG. But watches are like jewelery too, buy what you like even if you don't wear it everyday.
i think it is an interesting watch, but not sure if I would wear it like fishfryer mentioned. I like the Movado's. Simple, sleek, and classy. Not too over priced, but yes a little expensive.

Old 11-20-2008 | 03:00 PM

jeebus...anything over 100 bucks for a watch is a waste. does it tell time better than mine or about 95% of the population's cell phone they have on their person at all times? novelty item...and a rolex is nothing more than a sign that says "look how rich I am...I can buy more stuff than you."

Old 11-20-2008 | 03:09 PM

^What else are you going to spend you millions on if not watches?

Old 11-20-2008 | 03:47 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

ORIGINAL: some guy #2

^What else are you going to spend you millions on if not watches?
Cars? Bikes? Women?

god.. I can think of a million things to spend my millions on before a stupid watch.

Old 11-20-2008 | 04:33 PM

But how else can you tell time in style?

Old 11-20-2008 | 05:27 PM

FLAVOOR FLAV is how.

Nothing stylish about looking down at a band giving you a farmers tan.
I'd give 5 thou away to some bum down on his luck before i give it to some company that is so arrogant to charge 5g for something that won't give you a raging boner like a good used 600rr does for the same price.

Old 11-20-2008 | 06:24 PM
Banned

jeebus...anything over 100 bucks for a watch is a waste.
Since men typically do not wear jewelery (not counting the diamond earing rap-star look) an expensive watch isrequired to be well dressed. Something extravagent and/or rare but still understated, such as fine watch, does project an image when such an image needs to be projected. And since dressing nicely is usually done for an occasion or to impress someone, then a nice watch should do the same.

I do find my Rolex a bit ostentacious for everyday, but at times a $4,000 watch fills a need.It is no different than a nice car or a nice bike or a nice shirt, people judge you on the image you project. But I am of the opinion, that since every cell phone has a clock on it, that any watch that DOESN'T send a message is a waste of money, after all, who wants to be looked at like a guy that wears a piece of crap on his arm for the world to see. Of course this arguement only holds true for the guy that wants tohave a finished look or doesn't want to ruin his nice watch while on the job, but you get what I am saying...right?

Old 11-20-2008 | 06:35 PM

I understand the "rules" of our society, but I think they are wrong.

Quick Reply: More than a watch?