Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Money for Nothing

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 06:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Money for Nothing

I now really feel more part of the international community, finally got my 1st email from a company in Nigeria offering me 10% of $22.8m. just looking for a safe bank account to put it in
All they wanted was my bank details, date of birth, address & telephone numbers. With assurance that it was all confidential.
Replied & told them ok, but only after I spoke about it to my good friend Santa. But apparently he had gone out with Elvis over to Jim Morrisons house.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Money for Nothing

At least they gave you their word...that's go to count for something, no?

Old 10-08-2006, 09:41 PM

Yea ive gotten that one before too....lead em a little and see what happens then...LOL

Old 10-12-2006, 04:45 AM

SCAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clean and free Ripp'n

Old 10-12-2006, 05:13 AM

haha i gotten the scam letter of a girl that had a distant uncle in england that died and left 20.2mill and tons of assists. She could not be able to collect the money for some reason (i skimmed thru it) and she was like if i could get your bank account, name, DOB etc etc i will give you 10% of the money tax free..

I was thinking about repling to her saying i was in but i didnt...

(you know, kind-of to waste the scammers time)

try to keep their hopes up haha.. (I wish you could find people's IPs from e-mails.. i would hunt down where they live and actually go there to kick their @$$)

sad part they will sucker someone into it..

Old 10-12-2006, 05:39 AM

It would be funny to waste their time. At the end you should say that your bank savings/checkingaccount is the cookie jar and the trust fund is under your matress.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Retired Moderator

You see these 20/20 reports and Datelines about people getting scammed for their life savings on things like this all the time. It sounds terrible, but if you are stupid enough to fall for it, maybe you deserve to lose your money.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:31 PM

thats 2.8 million dollars!!!! where do i send my info!?!?!

these things are getting annoying. i get atleast 1 phishing email a day asking for this stuff. paypal lookalikes mostly.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:24 PM

You got that too?! I sent mine out hopefully I should be getting my millions of dollars this week then so long suckers!!! I'm moving to Hawaii you are all losers! hahahahahahaha..... But on a more serious note, I work at a credit union and we have an older member who got a letter in the mail similar to this. In the letter was a check for $3100 and it told her that she had won the grand prize of $58000 but all she had to do was send a money order or cashiers check for $1000 to somewhere in England. Well the lady brought in the check and had it deposited and and that same day mailed out a cashiers check for $1000 to them then went off and took all of her grandkids shopping and spent the $3100. Two weeks later the $3100 check came back as a bad account and now she has to eat the $3100 that she spent. Apparently she told the pastor of her church and was going to donate half the money to them and everyone was congradulating her but I really don't feel that bad for her. I mean come on, $58000 in a contest from England but just mail them $1000 for taxes? Yea... I would have taken that check and wrote pay to the order of some dude on the street had him cash it at one of those check and go places and then given him half. People in this world need to use some common sense.

Mike

Old 10-12-2006, 04:36 PM

you have to be careful with those checks. people do the same to buy bikes. either their bank is handing me a check, or they are giving me cash.

Quick Reply: Money for Nothing