Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Meggers knows how to shop

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meggers knows how to shop

Good things come to those that wait!!!

I had a laptop that the screen went out awhile back.. tried to repair it and it didn't go so well.. Bought a netbook and I didn't like it so I took it back. Couldn't decide if I wanted another laptop or PC..

Last night I went to Fry's Electronics in Downers Grove, IL and spent the evening picking out components for my bf to build me a computer.
Got a case that included a power supply, keyboard, and mouse for like 60 bucks. The case is cool, it's black and silver with some meshy areas that would show off some blue led fans real nice. And the side is blue transparent. I got a 1TB hard drive, 4gig of ram pc2-8500, full HD 23.6" monitor, lightscribe dvd burner, quadcore processor, and so on. He set up different partitions to dual boot with xp and windows 7. Got out of there for about 560$ after taxes.

And today I was looking at furniture at Staples, but I didn't really find anything, so we came back to town and went to Meijer.. I found a desk in the clearance section, but couldn't not find a price. Some dude came and wrote down the whole upc and reported back that it was 43 some dollars... I toted it around the store and when I got the the register it was 70 or 80 and they changed it to what I told them it was without batting an eye.. There was a line forming and I don't think they wanted people to wait. I would've paid the register price, but would've been disappointed I was told otherwise.

I also got a pink desk chair for 30 bucks that I didn't get to sit in before I bought it, but after Steve assembled it for me, I'm satisfied.

Also, I had been wanting an ipod dock to listen to in the bathroom or out on the balcony and I was about to buy one at fry's for 160 bucks or so last night, but we found an Altec Lansing one in the clearance section at Meijer for 25$ that used to be 100$. There were a couple in boxes, but not on display so you could hear them. I have it home and I'm satisfied. It came with a remote, has time display, fm radio, alarm clock. I might go buy the rest of them to gift.. Have been getting started with xmas shopping already.

I'm pleased as punch. :-D Glad I didn't get too antsy and buy a desk at staples or an ipod dock already.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Score. My gf asked to rebuild the one I have down stairs. I am going to dual boot it as well but with Win 7 and Ubuntu. A Linux based system for myself.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like ubuntu and backtrack 4 is great if you are into network security or hacking