Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

MC license test.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MC license test.

After 2 months of driving, i figured why not get the real license. Go in for the test, not thinking anything of it. After all i'd logged over 5k miles in the last 2 months so i didn't think twice about it. Went out back of the DMV, failed horribly. I can do uturns and stuff like that but the solumn part didn't feel doable.

After the test lady left i was curious, so i stuck around the test area and tried a few things. I walked my bike through the cones i was suppose to dodge, low and behold it's not possible on my bike. Bar turned max left, max right, firrt cone i can walk it through, 2nd cone barely makes it then after that the turn radius put me way over the rest of the cones. WTF.

Lady before me i was talking to, she's sweeting bullets because she's got under 50 miles road experience but because she was on this 150cc scooter the test wasn't hard for her. So the person with under 50miles on a bike got a license.

I'm pissed. That's all.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: MC license test.

thats why so many people just take the msf because the dmv is almost impossible to pass on anything but a 250cc or below

Old 05-25-2007, 05:55 PM

I'm waiting for a call from a bike shop close to that DMV. I'm trying to rent or borrow a tiny scooter for the test. It's ridicuous i can't take the test on my own bike.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ yep, thats why i took the msf. cost me $200 and got to tool around on the rebel 250cc bikes the class provided. it was CAKE and i was almost certain i'd fail since i had no prior experience.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the MSF. plus, they teach you HOW TO RIDE to begin with. takes the guesswork out of things and makes you a better rider. i would suggest instead of renting a scooter, take the MSF....you might learn something and you wont have to go back to the DMV for a riding test, only written.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:25 PM

i just passed the test the other day reallly sick, almost everyone did. see the first time i took it i worried about getting every cone and failed. dude i made first two on my 1krr then said **** it rode over the next two then did u turn. hit cones 5 pts big whoopie. just run em over and keep goin thats how all of us passed it lol

Old 05-25-2007, 06:28 PM

i passed the dmv test on a 1983 gs850 (my dads my cbr was in the shop for awhile) and it was a pain but wut i did was sneak up to the course like on the weekends and practice but i have also been ridin on 2 wheels (mini bikes and such) since i was like 10 so idk but needless to say i passed the bike was a turd and kept stalling while i was just sitting there lol

Old 05-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 95HondaCBRF3

i passed the dmv test on a 1983 gs850 (my dads my cbr was in the shop for awhile) and it was a pain but wut i did was sneak up to the course like on the weekends and practice but i have also been ridin on 2 wheels (mini bikes and such) since i was like 10 so idk but needless to say i passed the bike was a turd and kept stalling while i was just sitting there lol
at the msf class they fail you if you stall or drop it! i know for SURE i would have failed the dmv test, lol.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jaynd

ORIGINAL: 95HondaCBRF3

at the msf class they fail you if you stall or drop it! i know for SURE i would have failed the dmv test, lol.
only during the final test.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: rrasco

ORIGINAL: jaynd
only during the final test.
yea that kinda makes a big difference when telling someone about the class haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MC license test.