Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

May have not helped us bikers out

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May have not helped us bikers out

I was riding around and finally decided to go back home. Well there's this new 6 lane road thats starting to get development on it so its pretty much bare there. Bikers love to open it up there. I did a little but nothing too extreme. Well I knew there was a Wataburger at the coming up intersection and wouldnt ya know there were 3 cop cars and 3 or 4 cops standing there and one with a radar. A biker past me about 500 yards before I even noticed them. The speed limit is 50, I think I might have been going 60. I'm not sure, I never looked.

They never did anything. I guess they're planning on putting a speed trap there or something. Or just getting to know what goes on the road. I havent seen or heard any wrecks on that longs strip, but who knows what they were doing.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Default RE: May have not helped us bikers out

wtf is Wataburger

Old 11-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Retired Administrator

wataburger... fast food

Maybe they were looking for bigger tickets to write. Keep in mind that most of our bikes show a few MPH faster than what we are actually doing, so your speed could only be a few MPHs over the limit there. Most LEO say they don't bother with speeders that are only 7 to 10 MPH over unless it's wreckless. Ohio state boys (flying tire salesmen, local OH guys will get a kick out of that) set up the one radar guy with three or four cars ready to chase all the time around here.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

wtf is Wataburger
Whataburger Bitch!!!! LOL

McDongles aint got **** on them.

http://www.whataburger.com/

Old 11-18-2007, 10:45 PM

McDongles? McDonalds is **** in the first place. Who would win In & Out or Whataburger? Down here we got Raisin Canes. Fast 'Chicken Strips' Food.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:48 PM

Here's the place to get some CHICKENNNNNNNN.

http://www.chickene.com/

Old 11-18-2007, 10:49 PM

Oh god that place looks nasty

Old 11-18-2007, 11:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

Oh god that place looks nasty

Its better in person. Ya those pics look like the food is old. LOL

Their sweet tea is to die for. Literally. If they make it right it'll put you in a diabitic coma. Mmm...mmm...good.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: doncollins
Keep in mind that most of our bikes show a few MPH faster than what we are actually doing
That's sounds like a very suspicious claim. Physics would say otherwise. Now, if you said that the bike has a smaller footprint, and the radar gun is receiving the readings from another larger vehicle, then I might believe that. When a radar gun is used, it sends out radio waves at specific frequencies. If it hits an object standing still, it will receive the same frequency back. A moving object causes a a measurable frequency shift which is called a doppler shift.

Now, there are a few cases, of one later model radar gun (commonly used in PA) when in certain patrol cars returning 70 mph no matter what it hit. From a little old lady crossing the street to someone travelling at the post speed limit. This had to do with fluctations in the patrol cars power which caused false readings. The results of radar gun may also give a false reading by aiming at a fast moving object...(maybe the defrost fan of the patrol car). But to claim that the radio waves being returned off a motorcycle would be "faster" than another vehicle travelling the same speed is dubious at best. That claim would definitely not hold up in the court of law and would be impossible to prove.

they don't bother with speeders that are only 7 to 10 MPH over unless it's wreckless.
This will be written out in the state laws. Case in point PA laws are as follows:
Title 75 Chapter 33 ยง 3368. Speed timing devices.
(c)(4) No person may be convicted upon evidence obtained through the use of devices authorized by paragraphs (2) and (3) unless the speed recorded is six or more miles per hour in excess of the legal speed limit. Furthermore, no person may be convicted upon evidence obtained through the use of devices authorized by paragraph (3) in an area where the legal speed limit is less than 55 miles per hour if the speed recorded is less than ten miles per hour in excess of the legal speed limit. This paragraph shall not apply to evidence obtained through the use of devices authorized by paragraph (2) or (3) within a school zone or an active work zone.

LEO
What the heck is a LEO?

Old 11-19-2007, 07:33 AM

LEO= Law Enforcement Officer.

Quick Reply: May have not helped us bikers out