Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Man... I'm really gonna miss these guys (a little late nite venting... long read)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Man... I'm really gonna miss these guys (a little late nite venting... long read)

My riding buddies, that is..... the south Florida krew

[at the soflasportbikes.com annual picnic in july... and yes alot of the ladies are riders too]
Name:  _DSC4754.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  186.0 KB

[at a memorial ride for 2 fallen riders back in April]
Name:  IMG_4411.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  163.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4466.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  108.0 KB

Name:  IMG_4469.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  103.7 KB

Well that's the crew, most of them anyways. Purely awsome group of people. Not all too often you have such a large group that's as tight knit as this, that gets along as well as we all do, and on top of that are responsible riders that always wear their gear, even in the hot humid south florida weather. That's why this fine group of riders is like family to me. Some of these guys I've been riding with almost every week, and spending every wednesday and friday night for the good part of the last 2-2.5 years, whereas others are newer members. Regardless, I've met some amazing people here... people that are not only fellow riders or screen names on a sportbike forum, but true friends... real people that will bend over backwards and go out of their way to help out a fellow member in need. We all really are like one big family.

But As some of you guys know, I'm moving out of state soon. Seemed like it took forever to get here, but now like a smack in the face, moving day is this week! I'm down to 3 more days in Florida... packing the moving truck up and heading north by Wednesday afternoon. As much as I hate south Florida and excited I am to start fresh in a new part of the country, there's one thing I just hate having to do.... saying goodbye to everyone. IT SUCKS!!! I know I probably sound like a whimp.... probably am (I am a softy, lol), but that's beside the point.... I guess I've just gotten so used to my usual routine of meeting up with everybody every week and hanging out. Hooters on wednesday nights, moonlite diner on friday nights, sunday rides almost every week, and any other number of things we did together. . I've gone through alot of different stuff with these guys... from good times like group rides and BBQ's, to bad times like funerals and memorial rides for our fallen riders, some from our own group. I always had a blast hanging out with these guys (and girls too).... just sucks having to end it all and say goodbye.

But as much as that sucks, that's not what's really bothering me. I know I'll be back down here to visit, and get to hang out with everyone again... that's not the issue. But, the sad reality and fact of the matter is... what we do IS dangerous, no doubt, and given the drivers here in south florida makes it even worse. I usually read about at least 1-2 fatalities or serious crashes each week down here.. Don't get me wrong I'm completely aware that you can get killed doing anything, but as riders we are more vonerable to serious injury or death in the event of a bad crash... that's a fact. This made saying goodbye to all my fellow riders even harder... as morbid as this sounds (and I know I shouldn't think like this), but I can't help but wonder if it will be my last time seeing any of them. Like I said, I know I shouldn't think that way... I keep kicking myself everytime I do. But having been down that road 5 times now over the past 1 year and 8 months, I just can't get it out of my head no matter how hard I try. The thought of coming back down here to visit and finding out the group is minus one or more members... freaks me out.

This past friday night was my last bike nite out with the group at the moonlite diner, our weekly fri night hang out. Little did I know the admin on our forum had a little suprise for me... he sent out a m

Old 10-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Man... I'm really gonna miss these guys (a little late nite venting... long read)

good luck with the move, friends are keepin me where i am now, i have got a ton of great friends around here, would really feel bad movin away.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:42 PM
Default RE: Man... I'm really gonna miss these guys (a little late nite venting... long read)

Good luck in your move and I am sure you will quickly find more friends to ride with. Just always keep those away from youin your thoughts and they will always be with you no matter how far away from you they are.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hit me up once you get moved, I live up in Dalton (90 some miles north of ATL) and we'll hook up n ride.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:07 AM

just think as much as they ride, and as tight as you are, hopefully you will be able to meet up again.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear ya, although I belong to a bike club, which is a get together a few times a year for week-end **** up, er, I mean serious riding adventure. I moved to where I am now, coming up to 3 years ago, before I moved I was riding every other day, my best mate was a few clicks away & we would ride out , usually ending up meeting our other riding friends, even if it was only for a coffee.Now a get together is a serious attempt at co ordinating bods, time & location. It can be done, but lacks the spontaneity of our usual ride out & is a serious pain in the ****. I'm working on my wife for a move back down the coast to be at least a bit closer to them.
Any way good luck with the move, that it in it self, is a serious & very frustrating undertaking. Next time I move I'm just going to give all my stuff away & buy new when I get there. I'm amazed at how much crap two people accumulate.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:19 AM

Man, sounds like you had a good thing going on there in Florida, but you can always start one or join one somewhere else where they can also become another part to your family on two wheels, good luck man......

oh yeah and that red RR on the pic under the cake has a WOW paint,[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 10-22-2007, 08:47 AM

Best of luck on the Move....

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

Any way good luck with the move, that it in it self, is a serious & very frustrating undertaking. Next time I move I'm just going to give all my stuff away & buy new when I get there. I'm amazed at how much crap two people accumulate.
Speaking of your "Stuff" reminded me of a Goerge Carlin Stand up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

Old 10-22-2007, 10:26 AM

holy *****

Old 10-22-2007, 07:40 PM

I know you're gonna miss that group! Sounds like you guys were tight-knit. Don't worry though, you've got several riders on this forum within 2 hours ride of your new place. Shout at me when you get moved in, and maybe we can go on a day trip around The Loop.

Quick Reply: Man... I'm really gonna miss these guys (a little late nite venting... long read)