Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

the main reason gas is so expensive

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 03:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the main reason gas is so expensive

Why do so many people drive gas suckin 4x4's,SUV's or sport cars? Do you not watch Tv, listen to the radio, look at magazines or newspapers and see the advertisements? Look at all this sh%t that you run into on a daily basis. Tell me what theseBS Tv programs like the Hills, OC,and flashy music videosshow people doing... Living a lifestyle that is just full of crap! You and I live in REALITY working 9-5 busting our asses to get by! That sort of lifestyle is for us so why submit tothat nonsense! Does anybody NEED any of that BS? NO!!! It is a stupid statement that in 10 yr from now wont mean a damn thing!(unless you need a heavy duty for your occupation). So here is the bottom line on the gas price, whydo they charge so much? BECAUSE THEY CAN!!!! What are you going to do, walkyour *** to work the rest of your life? CHECKMATE!!!Its called control, an you and I dont have it.

I looked for the article, no luck. If you can find it, great. Back40 years agoor something like that, engineers atat an auto plantdeveloped a hydrogen engine that ran. Well guess who bought the rights to it so that it could never be put into production? F*$#IN OIL COMPANIES! That is how their reign of power began by making their productour only source of fuel! Pretty jacked

Old 02-08-2008, 04:19 AM
Banned

Selfish? I sold my beloved belongings to affordthe cheapesttruck Icould find because in Maine a truck is needed in every household
Subaru?4wd and good on gas. Does every household in Norway drive a F150, H2, or Expedition? What about Sweden? Maybe it doesn't snow there like in Maine, so trucks are make more sense. But in most places in this country, most people drive a big suv/truck because they want to , not need to, they are the selfish people.

Again, I'd like $10/gas, I want the road to myself.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:12 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Selfish? I sold my beloved belongings to affordthe cheapesttruck Icould find because in Maine a truck is needed in every household
Subaru?4wd and good on gas. Does every household in Norway drive a F150, H2, or Expedition? What about Sweden? Maybe it doesn't snow there like in Maine, so trucks are make more sense. But in most places in this country, most people drive a big suv/truck because they want to , not need to, they are the selfish people.

Again, I'd like $10/gas, I want the road to myself.

A Subi doesnt have a fullsize bed...

Old 02-08-2008, 07:20 AM

That truck is bad ***! I would never own one, but I love stuff like that.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:09 AM

I drove my truck only 9k last year. Summer comes and I ride the bike so it just sits there.The gas prices don't bother me at all.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If people want to spend their own money driving those things, I guess that's their business. It just pisses me off that we taxpayers have to subsidize the cost of gas to keep it nice and cheap. Things like give-away mineral leases on public land, and military adventures in the middle east, just to keep the cheap oil flowing, and ExxonMobil's profitshigh.

Other thing is, I think that if you want to drive a big-*** SUV or pickup, you should have to get a commercial trucker's license. Those things don't handle or brake like a passenger car, and they should only be operated by people who know how to do it.

We have to pass a different test to get a motorcycle license, and so should they.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:08 AM

thats just unbelievable... ugly, useless and so classic "macho american"

Old 02-08-2008, 11:24 AM

kinda sounds like women bickering.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:41 AM

Well... i'm in the opinion that if you like to ride what the seller has to offer and you like it, and have the money to have it and put gas in it, it is your choice.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:47 AM

Also... could somebody explain to me the "offer and demand" that's like in buisnnes studies or something like it.

I thougth that in more demand prices are supposed to go down? correct me if im wrong...[8D]

Quick Reply: the main reason gas is so expensive