Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

the main reason gas is so expensive

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the main reason gas is so expensive

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

There is nothing more selfish, stupid and un-american as driving a gas hog on a daily basis. Too many young Americans die and get maimed due to our actions.

I'd like to see gas at $10/gallon, this way it'll only be me, my fellow bikers, and a fewPriuson the road. Maybe nobody would then care about Iraq.
Selfish? I sold my beloved belongings to affordthe cheapesttruck Icould find because in Maine a truck is needed in every household, especially when you live in the sticks (me). I didnt choose it because I wanted it, I NEEDED it.

Stupid? How a I stupid for doing what I need to do to survive? Stupid because I cant physically afford a new vehicle?

Un-american? How the hell am I un-american? Because I cant afford a new high mpg vehicle? Un-american are the American oil company owners that are sinking their record profits into their bank accounts and not into damaged refineries. Also were not in Iraq strictly because we have high gas price.

PS Go **** yourself.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I have a 77 trans-am that gets 5mpg on a good day, and a 94 camaro that gets 8-10 ish. Yea they are modified to hell, but if i EVER have to trade one of these AMERICAN muscle cars in on a prius because of gas prices, i will get a 2nd job or shoot myself.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:39 PM

ORIGINAL: DDCavi

There is nothing more selfish, stupid and un-american as driving a gas hog on a daily basis. Too many young Americans die and get maimed due to our actions.

I'd like to see gas at $10/gallon, this way it'll only be me, my fellow bikers, and a fewPriuson the road. Maybe nobody would then care about Iraq.
Selfish? I sold my beloved belongings to affordthe cheapesttruck Icould find because in Maine a truck is needed in every household, especially when you live in the sticks (me). I didnt choose it because I wanted it, I NEEDED it.

Stupid? How a I stupid for doing what I need to do to survive? Stupid because I cant physically afford a new vehicle?

Un-american? How the hell am I un-american? Because I cant afford a new high mpg vehicle? Un-american are the American oil company owners that are sinking their record profits into their bank accounts and not into damaged refineries. Also were not in Iraq strictly because we have high gas price.

PS Go **** yourself.

Apperantly you just read key words and went off of that.

Here in Texas there are TONS of people driving vehicles they dont need and I know a TON of people in this category. Why do single people need an suv that never leaves the city? Why do high schooler need 4-door pickups, sport cars, and suv's?

It just boils down to "we can". I'd drive anything, but do I a single 22 year need a suv or a F250? No. Would I drive one, hell ya. But I dont need one. Give me a small pickup with a V6 and I'd be super happy. Easier to drive, park, get thru traffic, better mpg, and I can still pull something.

4wd is another big seller here and pretty much NOBODY USES IT. Why the hell have it. "O......well, we might have bad weather." Ya when? When a ****ing meteor shower hits this FLAT land?!?!

Old 02-07-2008, 07:41 PM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

I have a 77 trans-am that gets 5mpg on a good day, and a 94 camaro that gets 8-10 ish. Yea they are modified to hell, but if i EVER have to trade one of these AMERICAN muscle cars in on a prius because of gas prices, i will get a 2nd job or shoot myself.

Classics dont count cause.................they're classics.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

ORIGINAL: DDCavi

PS Go **** yourself.

Apperantly you just read key words and went off of that.

Here in Texas there are TONS of people driving vehicles they dont need and I know a TON of people in this category. Why do single people need an suv that never leaves the city? Why do high schooler need 4-door pickups, sport cars, and suv's?

It just boils down to "we can". I'd drive anything, but do I a single 22 year need a suv or a F250? No. Would I drive one, hell ya. But I dont need one. Give me a small pickup with a V6 and I'd be super happy. Easier to drive, park, get thru traffic, better mpg, and I can still pull something.

4wd is another big seller here and pretty much NOBODY USES IT. Why the hell have it. "O......well, we might have bad weather." Ya when? When a ****ing meteor shower hits this FLAT land?!?!
Nope, I read it all. I read it all 5 times. If he didnt want to offend certain people he shouldnt of made such a general comment.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:52 PM
RCR

I like it but it doesn't have a bed so I wouldn't want it.

And Fish how can that be Un-american? Thats all-AMERICAN there. Im pretty sure you do deep sea fishing and all that right. Do you go out in a dingie (sp) or one of those big ol gas hog deep sea boats? Its a bitch casting the first stone sometimes.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:56 PM

Around here, we have a lot of drivers who have 3/4 ton pickups with tonneau covers or toppers on them, oh, and they have block plates in the recievers. That, to me, is a waiste. They are not using them for anything but burning gas. I realize everyone's situation is different, and that is why I am happy with my Tacoma. I have had people ask me why I don't buy a full-sized truck, and I tell them I don't need it. When the season arrives, the truck will sit in the drive and develop flat spots on the tires while I ride. Gas prices don't bother me much in the Summer.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:07 PM

My truck is my daily driver. City is about 13-14 and Highway is 18-19 mpg. And thats with this new stupid exhaust (DPF) that the EPA said we needed on our diesels. OnceI cut that crap outthe mpg will go up. I have to use italmost every day too. Whether is driving to a job site or delivering stuff.Diesel has always been cheaper. But after Hurricane Katrina its now more expensive than premium.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

My truck is my daily driver. City is about 13-14 and Highway is 18-19 mpg. And thats with this new stupid exhaust (DPF) that the EPA said we needed on our diesels. OnceI cut that crap outthe mpg will go up. I have to use italmost every day too. Whether is driving to a job site or delivering stuff.Diesel has always been cheaper. But after Hurricane Katrina its now more expensive than premium.

Ya and its a crude oil. Haha.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:05 PM

+1 on the tacoma. Mines a 4 banger 4-wheel drive and it gets about 21 mpg on the highway and 18 mpg in town. No need to pull anything bigger. It pulls all i need, that and you can hardly get them stuck. Yes the big bad suvs are cool, but do you really need an H2 to pickup your wife and go to dinner. Standard car will seat 4-5 comfortably.

Quick Reply: the main reason gas is so expensive