Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

main dislike of begining of riding season

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: main dislike of begining of riding season

ORIGINAL: KingMushroom

Take seat belts... .what's your postition on those? Mine: sometimes they save lives, sometimes they take them. Sometimes they keep you free from injury, sometimes they cause them. But in the end, it is MY life, MY responsibility and in being that, should be entirely MY choice.
Not bashing you or anything but:
After my co-worker and friend got in an accident and she is in the hospital after 4 brain surgeries and still on a medical induced coma a week after the incident. She wasnt wearing her seatbelt, and she flew from the car and it landed on top of her, so i'll always wear my seatbelt. They save lives more than they kill. There is a few rare ocassions when a seatbelt will do more harm than good, or even kill you, and thats when your car isnt a very safe car. If you have a roll cage in and a 5 point seatbelt (talking racing or fast driving), your seatbelt will almost always do you good. They're still not sure wether or not my co-worker will make it, and if she does, there will probably be some serious brain damage issues and she might have to relearn alot of things if she is able to function normaly.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No doubt. There's always something unique about every accident. A seat belt would have benefited her. I had mine on in my accident. Now without a seat belt, I', sure I would have had some other injury then the ones I did get.
Just was putting it out there as a feeler for him. Chances are he doesn't wear a belt in the car.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well put on that last post mushroom, just dont wanna see someone died when they coulda lived, but ya i do know what you mean about riding styles and certain times you can and cant, maybe where you live people know how to drive and women arent allowed to use phones or car keys hahahahaha, here in raleigh nc i wouldnt think about riding without a helmet, ever, stay up man